Aura woes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
So I tried growing a massive pure node in my base with silverwood trees. This works, for a while.

I come back later, the big aura node I made is gone. A tree is still there, but the node is not. All those wasted silverwood saplings...

What causes this bug?

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just going to ask this to be absolutely thorough: Are you sure you had your goggles of revealing equipped?

Because otherwise, I have absolutely no idea.

(Also, to be even more absolutely thorough: Fusing nodes uses up Aura like crazy, and the lower a node's aura is, the smaller it appears, to the point of near invisibility when it's at 0, though the lightning still appears from the flux generation. Could it possibly be inside of a block or something?)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
From some of the aura mechanics posted in other threads, nodes can only pull vis from nodes that are larger then themselves. Once your pure node is larger than the surrounding nodes, it can no longer pull vis from nearby nodes at all. So, this means that you can only gain vis from the crystals in your node's area. Once those are depleted and turned into dull shards, there is no more vis to be had, and the node will start to shrink in size. The max size of the node will still be valid (unless you try merging another pure node before your old one has recovered), so you can recharge your large node using the crystal clusters if you have used up the vis in your area. If you get your vis above the max, it will slowly recharge the dull ore back into vis ore.

When you are near your pure node, what is the aura reading?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, a few possibilities:

1) As stated before, you can't see it. Remember to equip your goggles.
2) The aura is used up. The visual representation is a gauge of how much aura there is currently. If it's empty, the node is essentially invisible.
3) The node is gone. It could have gotten so large that it fused with another node elsewhere.
4) Bees. If you've been playing with bees and running the nodify ones, they can move a node.
5) Sabotage. If you are on a server, someone could (possibly) have come along and stolen your node.

Reactions: LightKnight