Attention Doctor Who fans!

djtlite138

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone knows you can make any of your non iron golems cosplay The Doctor by equipping them with a fez abd bowtie, but did you know that by placing a wood golem so thusly dressed on an already full chest and tossing it your sonic screwdriver has a cool effect? Just make sure your sound is on and you'll see.

djtlite138

Jul 29, 2019
when this first happened, i was grabbing a treetap since rubber is so good for making animation cores and he placed the sonic in the chest, i made him hold it again and heard it as i was walking out my door, at first i thought someone was calling me (its my ringtone) but after checking my phone i thought to myself that it must be a reference by the mod authors. i showed literally everyone who claimed to love the show.

djtlite138

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah azanor is definately a fan. Now he needs to make a way to make a magic door that you can place on something to make it bigger on the inside.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

GearSB

Jul 29, 2019
Door is a two way portal to a void dimension?

Would be interesting.

Especially if the door is mounted on a frame machine with some blue coverings and a wire light on top.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Door is a two way portal to a void dimension?

Would be interesting.

Especially if the door is mounted on a frame machine with some blue coverings and a wire light on top.
Mmm... unfortunately, you can't place a wire light on a block intersection, so it would have to be a 3 x 3 building, which is a tad bit wider than it really should be. Wait... if you had the outer blocks only half-blocks... that would just about do it...

Off to build something.... interesting...

GearSB

Jul 29, 2019
I think for a six way frame movement system, you'd be lucky to get it to fit in a 3x3.

djtlite138

Jul 29, 2019
Well... I meant something more literally like the tardis. Something that literally does make whatever it is on bigger on the inside...

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
yeah you cant solve such a problem with just 3 dimensions !! (like in the very first episode) :D

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft can't handle anything like that without using another dimension.
The interior of the TARDIS resides in another dimension (dimensionally transcendental! aw yeah) anyway. So keeping the interior of such a thing inside another dimension not only makes sense (if we had the tech, we'd be doing that to everything (but especially pockets on most clothing for women >.< SERIOUSLY, HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE BIGGER POCKETS!? but I digress)), but it also fits in the lore of the show.

GearSB

Jul 29, 2019
The interior of the TARDIS resides in another dimension (dimensionally transcendental! aw yeah) anyway. So keeping the interior of such a thing inside another dimension not only makes sense (if we had the tech, we'd be doing that to everything (but especially pockets on most clothing for women >.< SERIOUSLY, HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE BIGGER POCKETS!? but I digress)), but it also fits in the lore of the show.
I was talking about the game mechanics. Minecraft can't have a hole between two dimensions in the game. Portals are really a teleport mechanic for what ever touches them.

Which is why we'll never be able to see the inside of a Minecraft Tardis from the outside, or vice versa.

Because all you'll see is the portal block, and unless the door has a chunk loader build in to it, the Tardis exterior won't be loaded when your inside, nor will the interior be loaded when your outside of it.

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
I was talking about the game mechanics. Minecraft can't have a hole between two dimensions in the game. Portals are really a teleport mechanic for what ever touches them.

Which is why we'll never be able to see the inside of a Minecraft Tardis from the outside, or vice versa.

Because all you'll see is the portal block, and unless the door has a chunk loader build in to it, the Tardis exterior won't be loaded when your inside, nor will the interior be loaded when your outside of it.

well the portals from the portal gun mod are able to show the other side of the portal, so by building the actual interior of the tardis somewhere esle would be possible (but portals just dont look nice as a tardis doorway^^

GearSB

Jul 29, 2019
well the portals from the portal gun mod are able to show the other side of the portal, so by building the actual interior of the tardis somewhere esle would be possible (but portals just dont look nice as a tardis doorway^^
That's because both portals have to be in the same dimension and both chunks have to be loaded. And it's still a teleport mechanic, not an actual portal.