attempt at making a wither farm.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
So yesterday I went through several attempts at creating a wither farm for easy stars, and avoiding the hub bub that comes with the quest for the star. I finally decided to go with mffs fields, and I'm rather pleased. My next portion is figuring out a way to achieve the skulls to make the wither himself.

Now when I tried using Soul shard's before- I had earned a skeleton soul from the wither skelly I had killed , I merely said to myself "Oh a wither spawner must not exist yet."

However after watching Dire's SMP 84 there was a brief glimpse of the wither farm. Now my question is how? Do skeleton spawners spawn withers in the nether? Or does a wither spawner exist in Soul Shards?

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I heard it mention that if you transport a skele spawner to the nether it will make wither skeletons.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Skelespawners in the nether will produce wither skeletons as well as normal ones. It needs to be a T4 or higher to work outside normal dimensions for that mob type.

But looking at the ratio of skeletons to wither skeletons, and the percentage of wither skeletons that drop skulls a T5 is recommended.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Ah thank you very much, so it will be allot easier than I thought then! Skeleton spawners aren't to hard to find. And since a wither farm's beneficial to a community, I'm sure folks wouldn't be to upset about giving up their skeleton spawners if it meant that we could upgrade to a wither farm. Not to mention the coal drops that occur aswell.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I'd use the coal to make alumentuem. It's on the same level as coal coke and far quicker to make. Ran a few tests for quarry's and alum powered engines. Steam seems to be the way to go since it burns it far less faster. I just had to keep the energy cube output to 20 mj to keep it from burning faster than it could create. Five steam engines with about 6 to seven alum each got me down to 18 from 64.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Honestly I'd use the coal to make alumentuem. It's on the same level as coal coke and far quicker to make. Ran a few tests for quarry's and alum powered engines. Steam seems to be the way to go since it burns it far less faster. I just had to keep the energy cube output to 20 mj to keep it from burning faster than it could create. Five steam engines with about 6 to seven alum each got me down to 18 from 64.

Nice idea- Will have to try wand+deployer (want to automate this as much as possible)

arkangyl

Jul 29, 2019
Related: the Vorpal enchantment (I think it's added by RP) increases the drop rate for mob heads, so a skelly spawner in the nether would be doubly effective for farming wither skulls.