Assembling machine not working!!FTB ULTIMATE 1.4.7

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

drewiey

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, I'm relatively new to this forum. I can't find information anywhere on the assembling machine. I'm kinda new to gregtech.

Anyway, I try to craft things and it stops working, it literally stops sucking power.

I've made a creative test world. Though it crafts the cables and other small stuff, for a while, it cannot craft water and wind mills.
After sucking in 13k power it jsut stops working. It still lights up to green and I applied overclockers, and the batbox is not giving it anymore power anymore. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I am missing. Apparently the only way to craft the windmill and water mill is through this machine, but it won't craft them.

Pls help, me.. :)

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Most gregtech machines resets progress if they run out of energy.

Overclockers on gregtech machines greatly increase the energy cost.

Either your batbox is not enough overall energy or the machine now uses more than 32 EU/t, so you may need to supply it from multiple batboxes or a MFE with a LV transformer, which will supply up to 128 EU/t in safe 32EU packets.

drewiey

Jul 29, 2019
ok I tried again, its' not working, it's not sucking out the power from the mfe. I clearly have enough power. The machine is not sucking it out.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Is the MFE rotated right? It's easy to accidentally rotate these things if you try to open the GUI and happen to rightclick it with the wrong tool in hand, and never notice because the texture looks the same on all sides.

drewiey

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it is, Here's what it does from what i tried.
I placed in 4 carbon plates and one generator to create a win mill, in a highly overclocked Assembling Machine. I connected it to the mfe, it sucks out around 10 k of power then completely stops. Sometimes it sucks nothing.

So I know the mfe is set up correctly, I just want to know why it stops sending me power all of a sudden.[DOUBLEPOST=1370125483][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm also very curious as to what those signs in the assembly machine here. I can tell the thunder one stands for power of some sort.

drewiey

Jul 29, 2019
OK, nevermind problem solved, somewhat. I think i shoved in too many overclocks and the machine bugged.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it is, Here's what it does from what i tried.
I placed in 4 carbon plates and one generator to create a win mill, in a highly overclocked Assembling Machine. I connected it to the mfe, it sucks out around 10 k of power then completely stops. Sometimes it sucks nothing.

So I know the mfe is set up correctly, I just want to know why it stops sending me power all of a sudden.[DOUBLEPOST=1370125483][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm also very curious as to what those signs in the assembly machine here. I can tell the thunder one stands for power of some sort.

Gregs overclockers should max out at 4 for the machine. At that point most will also need a energy storage upgrade to run as 4 overclockers on a gregtech machine will consume 256 times their base consumption rate.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
With the max amount of overclockers in these, they can reach up to 2048 Eu/t very quickly, which is more than any storage device can output alone.

Bresch90

Jul 29, 2019
bumping this thread since my own assembling machine and bending machine stops working randomly. supplying them with more than enough juice since it should only use ~1eu/t. as stated before, it works for a while then stops. its constantly supplied through a lv-transformer connected to a dedicated MFE. any ideas?

Oh and by the way, even the progressbar stops mid progress and doesnt move..tried disconnecting cables and reconnecting. only thing that seems to be working is to wrench it and put it back down..then it works again for about 10 operations and freezes..

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
bumping this thread since my own assembling machine and bending machine stops working randomly. supplying them with more than enough juice since it should only use ~1eu/t. as stated before, it works for a while then stops. its constantly supplied through a lv-transformer connected to a dedicated MFE. any ideas?

Oh and by the way, even the progressbar stops mid progress and doesnt move..tried disconnecting cables and reconnecting. only thing that seems to be working is to wrench it and put it back down..then it works again for about 10 operations and freezes..

Try applying a battery upgrade to the assember. Check the new community-driven Gregtech wiki for updated content on the new upgrades:

http://gregtechcommunitywiki.wikispaces.com/Welcome+to+the+GregTech+Intergalactical+Community+Wiki

Bresch90

Jul 29, 2019
battery upgrade didnt solve it. didnt get it to unfreeze and didnt keep it from freezing.

I had it set up to spit its products out to a ME-import bus, removing the bus and chaning the eject location to the oposit side and back made it work again. though i cant see how the ME system would cause it to freeze mid operation.
haven't seen it freeze without having the the eject option off..yet

edit: unchecking the eject button and assigning eject side anyways seems to have fixed it so far. ill come back if it behaves oddly again.

Mesarim

Jul 29, 2019
I found that the way that the ME system tries to fill in the slots on the recipe side doesn't allow it to complete. Additionally, it is painfully slow even when it works. Crafting an Interdimensional Storage unit faults every time when waiting for Data Storage components.
I have to send them through manually and go off and set up another quarry or check a farm, or just shoot zombies while it runs.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
I found that the way that the ME system tries to fill in the slots on the recipe side doesn't allow it to complete. Additionally, it is painfully slow even when it works. Crafting an Interdimensional Storage unit faults every time when waiting for Data Storage components.
I have to send them through manually and go off and set up another quarry or check a farm, or just shoot zombies while it runs.
If you ever have trouble on the input side of a machine try using a vanilla hopper. Most machines have been updated to work with how it handles sided inventory.

Mesarim

Jul 29, 2019
wow, why didn't I think of that, it would solve a lot of things. and I can hook up an ME interface to it to feed the hopper, right?

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
wow, why didn't I think of that, it would solve a lot of things. and I can hook up an ME interface to it to feed the hopper, right?
Forgot this was 1.4.7 post. The buildcraft hopper also helps, but it not quite as good.

In 1.5 the vanilla hopper will attempt to place items it can from any slot -- starting from the first slot. While the BC hopper only tries to place the item in the first slot.

Enkey

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem with the machines and I tried to put the dot on the machines which eject the items so it is facing to the cable (the cable is connected to it) and I pull the items out with routers. I havent seen it failing yet since I did it and it was quite a while ago ;) Hope it solves the problem for you.