ars magica soon in direwolf pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
Kill protections there is a way to make a digging spell with a beam it was really fast

Watch the video you will see.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
It will be added once he starts another LP series... He won't add it to his current LP because the 1.4.7 version does not have all the updates that are available on the newer versions. Which sucks for us, but otherwise is bretty good.

About protections, the dig spell with a beam works not much differently than the Wand of Excavation does, especially after adding some Potency enchantments to it, do servers survive with TC3 installed? Yes. Most server protection plugins make blocks flat-out unbreakable by anyone other than the player that owns that plot, and there aren't many ways of getting around that.

Of course, griefers will always find a way, but the modders will adapt and everything will come full circle once again.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Mithion did give permission for it on his page so maybe. Who knows, maybe by some miracle all the mods will be updated within a month and it won't break worlds and Dire can update, but even then direwolf could add the 1.4.7 version if he wants

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I hope he DOESN'T add it to his pack. It defeats the whole purpose of the magic pack. If people want to play it then they can use the magic pack. It will certainly be getting removed in the config here if he does add it.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
FTB's Magic Pack is:
  1. None of Direwolf20's business.
  2. Made to FTB spec, not Direwolf's spec.
  3. A side project as opposed to a promotion/featured modpack.
Remove it if you want. I've been setting it up for my next modpack project and it's an awesome. While not quite as artful or whimsical as Thaumcraft, it definitely has a lot of late gae depth.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Similarly, Direwolf20's pack is for whatever Direwolf20 wants, and if people who use it don't like what's put it it, well that's just tough.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
The DW20 is maintained and hosted by FTB, but DW20 controls it just as much as he ever has in any of his SSP seasons. If he wants Ars Magica, and FTB have permissions, then he can have it. It does not impact me much, as seeing the new Ars Magica features, it is now going in my custom pack for sure (but I would love to see DW20 use it in a series)