Ars Magica DW20- ID Conflicts

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
So, i've installed Ars Magica along with the DW20 pack, and i managed to resolve most of the ID conflicts, mostly those of RP2, but it appears that it also has ID Conflicts with some of the Thermal Expansion items, and i couldn't get that issue resolved, and now i think my config file for Ars Magica is broken. It's easy enough to get a brand new Config File, but that doesn't solve my problems...

I was wondering if anyone here had added Ars Magica to the DW20 pack and could provide their Config File so i can rescue my world. The biggest offender here are the TE dusts, who end up replacing a lot of the Ars Magica arcane ash and other reagents. I couldn't for the life of me resolve that on my own, would anyone be so kind as to help me out with this? :S

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Shameless self bump... I'm really at a loss here :S thread already went to page 2... I'll let it die if no one responds and it goes past page 1 again.

Goggles998

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I could help but I always get it working for like 1 load and then for no reason it crashes. :( I try and load it up again and get a parse error from red power. RP2 really doesn't like Ars Magica :(

Goggles998

Jul 29, 2019
I did that worked fine for a bit loaded up perfectly. Then when I was in a test world my game froze while I was finding a good area. It crashed and gave me a parse error to do with RedPower Core

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower has its own ID resolver... Which kinda sucks.
I believe there is a config option to disable it in the RP configs, you can try that.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
There are several ways to go about doing this:

1) The Easy Way. Run DW20 pack 'clean'. Add IDResolver to it. Run it again so it will save all the ID settings. Now add Ars Magica. Tell IDResolver to automatically assign ID's to the entire mod. Done.

2) The Manual Way. Assign a number from 4 to 400 (by 1's) to each mod in the mod pack. Go into each mod. That number is the 100's digit to the ID numbers. For example, if you picked IC2 as '4', then go into IC2.cfg and make the ID's start at 400, 401, 402, etc... and then go to the next mod. While time consuming, it at least assures you that you won't have any ID conflicts.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Schneekey. I think i should've explained it a little bit better in the OP. I managed to manually resolve all the ID conflicts, except for the ones where some of the Ars Magica items conflict with some of the Thermal Expansion dusts. Now, i went inside of the Thermal Expansion config files, and i couldn't manage to find exactly where to change those item ID's, so i went on the Ars Magica side of the fence, and changed THOSE ID's so i wouldn't get conflicts anymore.

Guess what? When i started the game, it crashed. I did use NEI to dump the ID Map for me and made sure the ID's i chose for the Ars Magica stuff that was conflicting were free, but apparently, for some uncanny reason, after i changed the ID of those items (The other ones were working fine), Ars Magica would refuse to load, saying it couldn't find the ID for those items whose ID i had changed.

From what i understand, every part of the mod that needs to refer to an item ID would refer directly to the config file to avoid this kind of problem. I don't know why this happened, that's why i'm at a loss. I'll probably lose my world as well since there's a lot of things alread placed there, but if i could get it working i could recreate it and cheat what i lost in with NEI/Creative. So, i'm definitely going to try and resolve this using the IDResolver that you recommended here, and let's see what kind of trouble i get myself into.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Schneekey. I think i should've explained it a little bit better in the OP. I managed to manually resolve all the ID conflicts, except for the ones where some of the Ars Magica items conflict with some of the Thermal Expansion dusts. Now, i went inside of the Thermal Expansion config files, and i couldn't manage to find exactly where to change those item ID's, so i went on the Ars Magica side of the fence, and changed THOSE ID's so i wouldn't get conflicts anymore.

Guess what? When i started the game, it crashed. I did use NEI to dump the ID Map for me and made sure the ID's i chose for the Ars Magica stuff that was conflicting were free, but apparently, for some uncanny reason, after i changed the ID of those items (The other ones were working fine), Ars Magica would refuse to load, saying it couldn't find the ID for those items whose ID i had changed.

From what i understand, every part of the mod that needs to refer to an item ID would refer directly to the config file to avoid this kind of problem. I don't know why this happened, that's why i'm at a loss. I'll probably lose my world as well since there's a lot of things alread placed there, but if i could get it working i could recreate it and cheat what i lost in with NEI/Creative. So, i'm definitely going to try and resolve this using the IDResolver that you recommended here, and let's see what kind of trouble i get myself into.
when adding a mod never change old configs or when pack update it will cause major problems always change the config of the mod you added also there a 2 types of ids block IDs and item IDs

Goggles998

Jul 29, 2019
I gave up using ID resolver just kept crashing with Redpower Core. Could someone get a config that works with DW20's pack. Thanks :)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I gave up using ID resolver just kept crashing with Redpower Core. Could someone get a config that works with DW20's pack. Thanks :)
Once again...

RUN THE MOD PACK WITH IDRESOLVER *BEFORE* ADDING NEW MODS TO IT

IDResolver will save the mod pack default ID settings, and will then have no problems adding new mods to it.

Goggles998

Jul 29, 2019
Once again...

RUN THE MOD PACK WITH IDRESOLVER *BEFORE* ADDING NEW MODS TO IT

IDResolver will save the mod pack default ID settings, and will then have no problems adding new mods to it.
Did that... Just kept clicking save and continue and eventually after I finished the configs for xycraft the game froze and crashed. I will try and re create the crash tomorrow so you can see the change log[DOUBLEPOST=1364933880][/DOUBLEPOST]
you could try useing the config from here
Thank you very much. :)

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Alas, there's a slight problem. The version of Ars Magica supported in that config pack is not the one i installed in my world, and the differences are substantial. I'm afraid copy pasting that config will break more than it fixes. IDResolver it is, then. At least until the config pack is updated, which i believe it won't until 1.5, at least, since there are so many mods in that.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Why running ID resolver, when NEI can write all block IDs that are not used into a file?

Ok, that means manually changing the config for your newly added mod, but you are at least certain that you will keep the blocks in a logical order and grouped together.

ID Resolver will just assign any free block ID, doesn't matter if it will be used by vanilla blocks in 1.5, or if it's too close from an other mod ID range.
So if you use it, keep in mind that you might not be able to continue your world on future versions of the pack you are using, be it 1.5, or 1.4.7.

I think it's important to note that, before deciding that we are too lazy to open the game, tell NEI to dump unused ID into a file, and editing a config.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
I did do what you suggested. It worked fine when i changed the block ID's on the Ars Magica config file, but then when i changed the Item ID's, Ars Magica couldn't find those ID's anymore and wouldn't load up again. All the Block ID conflicts were resolved already, my problem was some Item ID conflicts with Thermal Expansion, which i found out when i had Pulverized Iron appearing as a crafting ingredient in Ars Magica conflicts. By googling, i found out that that was the case for more than just one item: actually 5 or 6. That was a problem because it meant that i couldn't move forward with the mod before solving that, but not a big enough problem that it meant a world reset. I changed the ITEM ID's in the Ars Magica config file, and then the game wouldn't load because Ars Magica couldn't find those items whose ID i had changed.

And i DID check with NEI to see if those ID's were open... And they were. Which is why i came for help. I didn't try IDResolver yet, but i will.