Ars Magica 2 is released!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
not trying to be all negative, but did anyone experience an increase of lag spikes from time to time after installing Ars Magica 2?
before it rarely happened, but after installing AM2 the lag keeps getting worse and worse :(

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't installed it yet as I just downloaded it and am now getting ready for sunday service. Will play with it later today.

I will install it in a vanilla world just AM2 and see how lag goes

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't installed it yet as I just downloaded it and am now getting ready for sunday service. Will play with it later today.

I will install it in a vanilla world just AM2 and see how lag goes

well, the derp I am I forgot to install java 64bit on my new laptop, so I installed that, and upped the permgen alot, and now it works great, no problem with lagg at all anymore
so far I managed to craft the arcane compendium, would've been nice if it was all a bit more self-explaining...

Reactions: PierceSG

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE.
(It would be a shame to just let this thread fall off when it's the only relevant Ars Magica 2 thread)

Latest update since this post is Oct 27 release (1.0.2b) and I must say I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun just blasting everything I don't like apart. Not to say there aren't any things that are nagging at me...

- Moonstone meteorites being ridiculously rare? I've had up to 20 nights of a dry run, and the ones that fall generally drop between 1-2 ore blocks. That, and they somehow wind up underground too. I've been made aware that Moonstone caps on Light Nexi only run at night, so I gave up on thosem but I'm extremely low on the stuff.

- Speed-altering debuffs not being removed properly on Dispel. Not quite sure if it's a vanilla bug, but you can practically perma-haste/perma-slow targets until they receive that buff/debuff again and have it wear off naturally. Can be really nasty with Freeze/Slow since I doubt people carry a low level Self-Freeze/Slow spell.

- Weird interactions with certain shape combinations. Projectile-AoE spells eat your mana twice, Projectile-Chained zapping the caster and the likes. Gonna have to play around a bit more with the system, but those two come into mind.

- Crashes on summoning the Winter Guardian. Pretty weird as I've seen the ritual act oddly at times. Either it crashes when the three golems are sacrificed (ticking entity crash involving entirely unrelated mobs like Zombies or Mana Creepers) and other times it just needs two snowmen to sacrifice (did it use aforementioned Zombie/Mana Creeper as a sacrifice? I now have a Snow Golem helping me...)
Just to note, I do have the very rare occasion where I don't crash at all and it properly sacrifices all three golems.