Are they EVER gonna patch this T_T

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
2 mods that wernt made together or were planned to be used together have a problem because Twilight forest adds something brutally op.
Woudnt surprise me if this never was patched, they could add a basic blacklist for the uncrafting table though :c

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
It's one of those things where any one component is harmless on its own, but together, it's an exploit. Can't really blame any one mod author for it, so it's easy to see them considering it someone else's problem.

Reactions: Lord Wumbo

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019

Lord know how long this bug has been around, And still! nothing!

Nyeh :c

it wouldn't be as bad if the price was like, 50 levels or somthing

Know of any other exploits? I'm trying to document as many as i can

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
well, in the version I play, twilight forest lightning does not cause supercharging... there are other ways, like the lightning from the ExtraUtils division ritual, that do work. But twiforest is fixed.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't the lightning produced from drinking destabilized redstone through a straw have the same effect?

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't the lightning produced from drinking destabilized redstone through a straw have the same effect?

What...?

Gregtech knows how to discern "fake" lightning from real weather, I beleive it to be possible i think[DOUBLEPOST=1378011189][/DOUBLEPOST]
Straight from the config file (other than the bold and underlining).

A lot of recipies are legit things to be uncrafted, Punishing people who do the right thing isn't the way to fix a problem

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech knows how to discern "fake" lightning from real weather, I beleive it to be possible i think
for some reason, i think the GT`s lightning rod actually tracks his own lightning, which is more likely to be "fake".
i`m pretty sure it would be easier and controllable to implement this way.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
for some reason, i think the GT`s lightning rod actually tracks his own lightning, which is more likely to be "fake".
i`m pretty sure it would be easier and controllable to implement this way.

That son of a-

Yet again i'm suprised he doesn't make lightning 100% lethal unless you're soaked or wearing special armour or some crazy shit

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
What...?

Gregtech knows how to discern "fake" lightning from real weather, I beleive it to be possible i think[DOUBLEPOST=1378011189][/DOUBLEPOST]

A lot of recipies are legit things to be uncrafted, Punishing people who do the right thing isn't the way to fix a problem

GregTech's Lightning Rod is a Tile Entities. Tile Entities are NOT able to detect when lightning hits them. Creepers, pigs, players, etc... are Entities and CAN detect when they're hit by lightning. You can zap Greg's Lightning Rod with the realest or fakest lightning and it just stone cold will not care because tile entities can't detect lightning without rewriting vanilla Minecraft code. What the Lightning Rod does is "cheat' by rolling a random chance during thunder storms. If the chance succeeds, it causes a lightning strike to appear on the rod and generates power. However, the lightning itself isn't causing the power, it's just a light show to indicate that the lightning rod is making power.

Reactions: Loufmier

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
What...?

Gregtech knows how to discern "fake" lightning from real weather, I beleive it to be possible i think
Well actually

The lightning rod doesn't track whether it was struck or not. It just randomly picks a time to generate eu when it is raining, which is why it doesn't work in charged ages in mystcraft.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Somebody somewhere decided they couldn't go straight to the bathroom and back from a class in school. Therefore, everyone now needs a bathroom pass to go to the bathroom. Same rule applies here, and with laws and government.

I've had instances on servers where CC is disabled so people can't grief. I personally love CC so I quit the server. Sometimes, you either have to deal with it, or go find somewhere else that does it right.

Reactions: Obliviate

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Somebody somewhere decided they couldn't go straight to the bathroom and back from a class in school. Therefore, everyone now needs a bathroom pass to go to the bathroom. Same rule applies here, and with laws and government.

I've had instances on servers where CC is disabled so people can't grief. I personally love CC so I quit the server. Sometimes, you either have to deal with it, or go find somewhere else that does it right.

Or the twilight forest developer could do it right, Or the gravity gun developer, By the way, Does anyone else know of any other exploits that are active and i can make videos about?

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Or the twilight forest developer could do it right, Or the gravity gun developer, By the way, Does anyone else know of any other exploits that are active and i can make videos about?

What exactly are they doing wrong? It is a crossmod exploit that you can even turn off in the config, I don't really see how they could do it better, unless they implement hardcoded workarounds for ever possible mod combination that maybe exists somewhere, which isn't really reasonable to expect.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly are they doing wrong? It is a crossmod exploit that you can even turn off in the config, I don't really see how they could do it better, unless they implement hardcoded workarounds for ever possible mod combination that maybe exists somewhere, which isn't really reasonable to expect.
while config does fix it, the problem is, that it`s like chopping your hand off when snake bit your finger, instead of using a cure.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
What the version of TF in that vid?

Because as far as I know, this doesn't work anymore, the TF portal does a fake lightning now.

The new fad is using the lightning from activating a division sigil.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019

They could base it on the anvil, Make the cost proportionate to the value of the items you'd be getting in the decraft, Maybe a "Too high" thing[DOUBLEPOST=1378063995][/DOUBLEPOST]
What the version of TF in that vid?

Because as far as I know, this doesn't work anymore, the TF portal does a fake lightning now.

A new fad is using the lightning from activating a division sigil.

Unleashed 1.1.3

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, Does anyone else know of any other exploits that are active[...]?

I do. I'm not telling you because they've been reported to the appropriate people and are being handled through the appropriate channels. This particular one I couldn't care less about because it's extraordinary use of intended game mechanics, the ones I know of are in buggy behavior territory.

And if people start throwing the buggy ones about in this thread, I will be deleting those posts (and reporting the ones I haven't seen before), FYI. Those are my instructions from on high. Lathanael and Wyld should be getting these reports privately (this is even covered in my Where & When To Post New Threads post, linked from the informational post sticky Jaded has in every forum).

Thanks.