Applied Energistics stopped crafting

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Enkey

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
I have a problem with AE auto-crafting. I was crafting iridium plates and everything was normal (expet the iridium alloy ingots were in Impl. compressor and there was no ITNT, maybe that was the problem) and after it was done crafting that I wanted to craft Iridium Neutron Reflector (I had all the material and crafting recipies for it), but it doesnt craft it. It was displayed in the Crafting monitor, but nothing was happening :( Its not the first time it happen to me, but before I solved it by breaking all the stuff I had in the network (even the cables) and than it worked. But I dont want to break it all again :( Its quite big. I tried to break the Terminal, C-Terminal, Crafting monitor, some interfaces and cables and the Controller. Without succes :(

Does anyone have the same problem? Or any ideas how to solve it?

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
It's just AE getting confused in crafting priorities, or attempting to do two things at once. If you go into the crafting monitor and shift left click (I believe) multiple times till it is empty the upper right slot, the system will reset and not keep trying to craft crap.

Enkey

Jul 29, 2019
It's just AE getting confused in crafting priorities, or attempting to do two things at once. If you go into the crafting monitor and shift left click (I believe) multiple times till it is empty the upper right slot, the system will reset and not keep trying to craft crap.
The slot is already empty :(

martyyp

Jul 29, 2019
Check to make sure there's room in drives or chests that are on your network, items need a place to go when they are finished crafting even when the finished product gets stored in a different machine (e.g. iTNT to implosion compressor). It goes in the chest or drive or whatever first for a sec and then goes to the machine that needs it

vScourge

Jul 29, 2019
Also note that pending crafting jobs will be canceled if machines are added or removed from the ME network. Which includes any sitting in chunks that get unloaded as you move around. One strategy there is to put full chunk loader coverage on the network. Not sure if that's the issue here, just a thought.

Enkey

Jul 29, 2019
So whats the problem? It wont craft when you request something?
Exactly.

Check to make sure there's room in drives or chests that are on your network, items need a place to go when they are finished crafting even when the finished product gets stored in a different machine (e.g. iTNT to implosion compressor). It goes in the chest or drive or whatever first for a sec and then goes to the machine that needs it
It has enough room.
Also note that pending crafting jobs will be canceled if machines are added or removed from the ME network. Which includes any sitting in chunks that get unloaded as you move around. One strategy there is to put full chunk loader coverage on the network. Not sure if that's the issue here, just a thought.
I have chunk loader.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Also make sure the bloody thing has enough power while crafting. Using a MAC takes a lot of power even to idle it, but actually crafting is a massive power hog.

I wouldn't suggest using a MAC until you have a good nuclear reactor powering it. Or whatever power source you use. In any case, start crafting but watch the ME Controller. I would almost be willing to bet money that it'll go down(the bar on it I mean) when you start crafting. Likely really fast.

Enkey

Jul 29, 2019
Also make sure the bloody thing has enough power while crafting. Using a MAC takes a lot of power even to idle it, but actually crafting is a massive power hog.

I wouldn't suggest using a MAC until you have a good nuclear reactor powering it. Or whatever power source you use. In any case, start crafting but watch the ME Controller. I would almost be willing to bet money that it'll go down(the bar on it I mean) when you start crafting. Likely really fast.

I have enough power ;) I have connected 16 MFSU to it ;)

But nevermind it suddenly started working again :) I don´t know what happened, but it works agian!

runekri3

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem and found this thread on google.
Also managed to get it working but I thought I could share what helped me for people who might have the same issue.

I broke a cable which connected my ME terminal, ME c-terminal and ME crafting monitor to my network and that fixed the issue immediately.

Reactions: lavadax2

tommy3244

Jul 29, 2019
Also managed to get it working but I thought I could share what helped me for people who might have the same issue.

I broke a cable which connected my ME terminal, ME c-terminal and ME crafting monitor to my network and that fixed the issue immediately.
I have the same problem, I will break the Controller of my system and replace it. Maybe that will work.

Oh, and BTW, for anyone who wants to try to find why this problem is occurring:

My ME system has 2010 K ae power stored (lots of energy cells)
It uses 125.5 ae per tick on average
I have a lot of tasks automated, mainly exporting and importing items
The job IS shown in the crafting monitor, but when trying to craft something (in one case, a piston) it would simply show the piston but none of the sub jobs it may have to complete to craft it (The main thing it was crafting was a basic export bus, so the piston it's self was a sub job)
It appears to be fine crafting one step items as long as the one step is through an interface

Hope someone fixes this!

EDIT: I tried runekri3's solution, and it works like a charm!

Reactions: runekri3

Meeko011

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone else who has this problem, check to see that you have enough item type room as well as item amount room. I took one thing out of my system then it started working. Also enough space for all the items it has to craft.

Kwequay

Jul 29, 2019
I encounter this issue regularly when crafting IC2 exp. machines.

I've found the best and easiest way to fix it immediately is to just break a single block of your MAC and re-place it. It resets the MAC and all works again.

I see you've fixed the issue by breaking the connecting cable, that's excellent. Though I've personally found it doesn't work 100% of the time.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Reconnecting the crafting monitor is enough. I have mine connected with a dark cable. Facade on it and a carpenter's button set to inverse. If crafting derps, I just hit the button and everything works again.

Roachy

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes ME autocrafting does derp up, but for others reading this thread, make sure you check your external crafting machines and encoded pattern recipes before writing this off as a bug.

Firstly, sometimes you might have a recipe that calls for a subpart that the system thinks it can make but actually can't, due to faulty or improperly located recipe patterns in your ME interfaces. For example if you're trying to autocraft something that requires an "iron dust" item from Mekanism, and the system sends an iron ingot to be pulverized by a Thermal Expansion Pulverizer, you will end up with a Thermal Expansion "pulverized iron" item. In most cases this is fine, due to the ore dictionary, but the ore dictionary isn't perfect. I've come across scenarios where AE treated items like this as not equivalent and thus the crafting process hangs there waiting for one item, even though the item was already processed and just doesn't realize it because the item it got back was not the item it was expecting. So make sure the recipes you put in your ME interfaces are accurate. You won't get a Mekanism iron dust from a Thermal Expansion Pulverizer.

Secondly, if any one of your external crafting machines is hung up for any other reason, your ME system will legitimately be stuck waiting for an item to be crafted or smelted or whatever. For example, I couldn't figure out why a bunch of Mekanism items weren't being crafted. I eventually found that these items were relying on iron ore to be processed through my Mekanism quadrupling setup into iron ingots, and one of the intermediate machines was not set to auto-output. So all of the iron shards or whatever were just not making to the end of the line and back into the ME system as ingots. However this can also happen if one of your machines simply loses power or is bugged out for any other reason.

That being said, there are occasions where my crafting monitor/processes just hang for no apparent reason.

Reconnecting the crafting monitor is enough. I have mine connected with a dark cable. Facade on it and a carpenter's button set to inverse. If crafting derps, I just hit the button and everything works again.

Thanks this is brilliant. Breaking a cable and thus causing the system to refresh itself seems to fix the problem for me as well. Using a button/lever with a dark cable achieves the same result, and is quite convenient. In general I already like to keep major subsystems of my network (DSUs, or autocrafting) on their own cable segments so I can potentially disable them if necessary. So this works out nicely.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
If you find this happens frequently, a ME dark cable attached to a repeating RS clock will reset the system every x minutes. Make sure the cable is in a place that would cause a reset.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If you find this happens frequently, a ME dark cable attached to a repeating RS clock will reset the system every x minutes. Make sure the cable is in a place that would cause a reset.
So with something on both ends of it. Because any system change is a reboot.