Applied Energistic's Question on Exporting Items

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I've been trying/researching for the better part of a hour now to make AE export fertilizer and coal to a Steve's Cart Cargo Manager and I've been having some issues. Ideally I want it to maintain 5 stacks of coal and 5 stacks of fertilizer and then maintain those numbers inside the CM however I can't seem to set limits on items, its either I export all the fertilizer/coal in the network to the CM or a steady stream per tick to the CM, neither of these work for me.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
How about a red power regulator -- it has an option to emit a redstone signal when the inventory it is attached to matches it's filter setting.

You probably want a regulator and export bus for each material.

Set the bus to export to the regulator when no redstone signal. Once the regulator detects 5 stacks in the target inventory it should emit a signal and the export bus will stop exporting.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
Red Power is disabled on our server so that's not a option. Is there really no option in AE to just send stacks? I absolutely need to use another mod to tell it to stop and go via redstone?

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Export bus has transfer stacks mode. But you asked to limit it to 5 stacks right?

To limit it the amount in an external inventory you could make a second AE network.

ME Controller.
Storage bus on cargo manager. Emitters for each item type over each export bus from other network.

When cargo manager network has 5 stacks of an item emit a signal to shutoff export bus from first network.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
I tried it your way it kind of works but its just way to big a setup space wise. I really don't understand why there's not a simple # limit option on exporters so I think I'm just going to use Logistics Pipes to do it like I perviouslly have in past versions and just leave AE for the item storage. Thanks tho. :D

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Use a ME Level Emitter. It can output a signal when there is more than or less than a certain number of a certain item.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
Use a ME Level Emitter. It can output a signal when there is more than or less than a certain number of a certain item.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

The problem with using emitters is I need to have 3 faces of the cargo manager (2 emitters one; for each seeds and coal, 1 for the storage bus), then I need 2 run redstone signals from the 2 sides to 2 diffrent exporters, its such a lot of work and materials compared to the simplicity of just putting a logistic pipe connection on a single side of the cargo manager that can just be set a an exact number.

tompy97

Jul 29, 2019
your best bet would be to use the cargo distributor from Steve's carts. you can attach it to the bottom off the cargo manager and it will allow you to feed items into specific inventories on the cargo manager. you still won't be able to keep exactly 5 stacks of an item though, it will simply fill the entire inventory. this shouldn't be a problem though because you can set the different items you want to keep stocked to different inventories, thus preventing the manager from being filled up with a single item type

Reactions: Sarda

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
your best bet would be to use the cargo distributor from Steve's carts. you can attach it to the bottom off the cargo manager and it will allow you to feed items into specific inventories on the cargo manager. you still won't be able to keep exactly 5 stacks of an item though, it will simply fill the entire inventory. this shouldn't be a problem though because you can set the different items you want to keep stocked to different inventories, thus preventing the manager from being filled up with a single item type

This is the best solution i've seen yet.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
To limit the amount in the cargo manager just fill some slots up with buttons or something so there's only 5 slots available, I do this but only leave 3 slots free for charcoal so it maintains 3 full stacks for the cart. For fertiliser don't sc carts just use bonemeal?