Applied Energistics + Mindcrack pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AGuyYouDoNotKnow

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiousity, will AE(Applied Energistics) be added to the Mindcrack pack? I watched DW20's mod spotlight on it and I really want to mess with it.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think anyone here will be able to confirm/deny either way, but on the bright side it is extremely easy to add yourself, if need be. Good luck, and hopefully you get a solid answer!

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you would need to have Guude on this forum to answer it, I guess.

But you can always add it yourself in the meantime, and be able to play with the mods you want.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Too bad you would need an external world editor or something to regenerates chunks if you don't wanna have to restart your server world and those I heard can be pain in the butt to do. Since things like RP2 volcanoes can be messed up which I heard that what happen when you use the stable version of World Edit and it's not easy to fix it either. So it's isn't an "easy" installation to the server and your good to goes. Idk though if Quartz ore will spawn in chunks which never been loaded before in which case I guess you could do it and set a far quarrying site just for that and enderchest the quartz and dusts. But that can be hassle that you can't simply get quartz products near your base.

dylwing23

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, quartz will spawn in chunks which haven't been loaded before. Added AE to my mindcrack pack and my tunnel bore started getting quartz after it went for awhile.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
But that can be hassle that you can't simply get quartz products near your base.

You can force nearby chunks to reload, but I don't see the problem with setting up a nether portal network to allow you to go a kilometer or two easily.

Ninjabob991

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with adding AE yourself is that people who play SMP will have to have their server admin add it, and all the server members add it everytime the pack updates, so an easy fix to this is to load your world with the FTB Ultimate pack, it includes the same mods as Mindcrack plus more

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Too bad you would need an external world editor or something to regenerates chunks if you don't wanna have to restart your server world and those I heard can be pain in the butt to do.

I was going to suggest Mystcraft but that mod's not on the list either it seems. Rather strange.

Ca11 Me Karma

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you would need to have Guude on this forum to answer it, I guess.

But you can always add it yourself in the meantime, and be able to play with the mods you want.

I hate to ask but is there a tutorial out there for how to install the latest updated Applied Energistics on FTB? I've tried but it comes up with an error window :p

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to ask but is there a tutorial out there for how to install the latest updated Applied Energistics on FTB? I've tried but it comes up with an error window :p

I believe the latest updated version of AE is for 1.5.2.

So if you're installing it on the 1.4.7 packs it's not going to end well.

Also, error logs will help people find the problem so you can make a simple change instead of having to watch an entire installation tutorial video.

Ca11 Me Karma

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the latest updated version of AE is for 1.5.2.

So if you're installing it on the 1.4.7 packs it's not going to end well.

Also, error logs will help people find the problem so you can make a simple change instead of having to watch an entire installation tutorial video.

Thanks for the tip! I'm not great at reading the error logs and knowing what to fix but yeah I'm running 1.4.7 but tried AE version 9 as I was told was the "old" version of AE and still did not work. I still wonder how people get 1.5.2 as I am running MindCrack.