Applied Energistics - IC2 Experimental UU

LazerusKI

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought about this...
with the old UU System, you could automate everything with AE.
Now the UU system is different, no more crafting recipes of UU Pieces...
Is it still possible to automate AE with IC2 UU?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, theoretically not just with AE by itself, but if you add in the extra cells mod, then yes there would be a way to automate UU again as extra cells allows liquid storage and crafting in ae networks.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
No need for extra cells. Just use the ME p2p tunnel. Those nice gadgets are used to transfer liquids, items, RF and more from one single input through the ME cables to one or more output point(s).

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
I actually use those tunnels only for liquids. I supply a refinery, compression dynamos, TE portable/BC/railcraft tanks and a carpenter. It's not as precise as the logistic pipes liquid provider/supplier/satellite but works fairly well. Maybe you could use a liquid provider pipe as target for the tunnel and have it (the pipe, not the tunnel) provide the liquid to a liquid satellite pipe in LP autocrafting. Actually those two mods work excepionally well together.

To pump liquid from tanks into the tunnels you still do need some kind of piping. The tunnels do not actively pump out of tanks.

Another drawback is, that you can only have one input point for the tunnel. So if you for example want to store mob essence from a monster farm and a sewer into one tank you have to set up two tunnels (or connect both with pipings first).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Will those allow for liquicrafting as well? if so, I may have to play with them a bit more!
As far as I understand the p2p tunnels they dont work in the way you want them to. They simply allow you to pipe in liquid one place in your network and pipe it out in the other end by using the existing ME network instead of running pipes all the way. The liquid is not actually IN the network as such, and can not be use to craft with or anything.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
@rhn ok, that is what I thought, that's why I suggested extra cells because it actually can add crafting functionality to the autocrafting of AE.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
@rhn ok, that is what I thought, that's why I suggested extra cells because it actually can add crafting functionality to the autocrafting of AE.
Nope that won't work. The liquid UU matter needs a IC2 replicator to be turned into anything. Liquid Auto crafting won't do anything.

EDIT: Nevermind this. I derped and didn't think your post through. I'm sorry!

Last edited:

LazerusKI

Jul 29, 2019
extracells is installed on our server, but how can i give it a command for that?
I mean...isnt it needed to choose the recipe in the replicator?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
extracells is installed on our server, but how can i give it a command for that?
I mean...isnt it needed to choose the recipe in the replicator?
What you can do is have a bunch of replicators set up for different items and have them on repeated crafting mode. Then have an liquid interface on each one set up with the pattern.

LazerusKI

Jul 29, 2019
What you can do is have a bunch of replicators set up for different items and have them on repeated crafting mode. Then have an liquid interface on each one set up with the pattern.
yeah, basically the "bruteforce method".
just create replicators for every single item that you want :s

hope there will be compatiblity in the future.