Applied Energistics 2 Autocrafting W/ Thermal Expansion Machines

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried googling a lot of stuff, watched plenty of tutorials that come up but none seem to actually include thermal expansion machines. I'm trying to find out how to set up AE2 autocrafting with machines such as a pulverizer and redstone furnace. If anyone knows how that information would be great :)

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Use an interface with processing patterns in it. You'll have to use conduits to pull the items out at the end though, as TE machines can't do push/pull from a single side

Jul 29, 2019
Wow I'm dumb :p I was trying to use the multipart version of the interface and forgot about the block one xD

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Well you can use the small interfaces. As RJS said you have to pull out the results from another side. I usually like to use a subnetwork for that.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Use an interface with processing patterns in it. You'll have to use conduits to pull the items out at the end though, as TE machines can't do push/pull from a single side
No, but you can have regular ol' ducts (or whatever pipe-like item you use for moving things around) and pipe it back into the interface without needing to blow an extra channel on the bus.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
No, but you can have regular ol' ducts (or whatever pipe-like item you use for moving things around) and pipe it back into the interface without needing to blow an extra channel on the bus.
That's what I meant :p I use EIO mainly, so my conduits are your ducts

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Which is what I usually go for...if you look for a more purist solution
The mod actively punishes you for a more purist solution through channel management. Generally, if there is a way to get something done that doesn't require a bus, I will do it the other way first. For example:

Circuit production: 1 channel. Attach ME Interface to chest. Use sortable item routing method of preference to move items to the appropriate machines from there. Route results back to the interface.
Ore Refining. One export bus at the ore input place. Output place pipes/ducts/conduits/etc the ingots to the nearest local ME Interface.

Also, I almost NEVER use import buses because almost everything I use has auto-export to proper face, and I just use an interface. Saves on resources that way. Only use an Import Bus if it won't actively push something out.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The mod actively punishes you for a more purist solution through channel management. Generally, if there is a way to get something done that doesn't require a bus, I will do it the other way first. For example:
Channel-wasting peasant :p
You can get away without using any additional channels on your main network. Just use a subnetwork for pulling items out and dumping them into an interface through a storage bus.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
You can get away without using any additional channels on your main network. Just use a subnetwork for pulling items out and dumping them into an interface through a storage bus.
How do you make a sub-network for that? I'm not exactly a master at ae2 channels yet ;) took me half an hour to figure out how to set up a miniature system lol

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make a sub-network for that? I'm not exactly a master at ae2 channels yet ;) took me half an hour to figure out how to set up a miniature system lol
Put import buses onto your machines and connect them with a storage bus placed against an interface from the main network. Use a quartz fiber to separate the subnetwork from the main network and supply power.
The subnetwork will pull items out and dump them into the main network through the storage bus.