Anyone use Thaumic Energistics?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
I've been looking at how it is supposed to be integrating both the Applied Energistics and Thaumcraft mods so that they can be used together to some degree. I really want to try this on the modpack I'm putting together, but I would love to hear from some people who have used it before to get a good impression on how it affects either process.

I also would love to see/hear about the setup you have that blends the two. Like if you are using the ME system for VIS storage, how are you accomplishing that, how are you setting up terminals around the Runic Matrix, etc.

Please let me know. I would love to hear opinions and I'm honestly surprised by how many add-on mods there are for both AE2 and Thaumcraft...

I love it.

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using it for the past week or so. I never really liked golems for furnace->jars, so the storage is pretty nice. A import bus right on the furnace, a drive, a terminal, and the infusion thing is only 4 channels, and not much power at all. (I actually have 2 interfaces from my "main" network supplying commonly used items for the furnace)

The Infusion process works well, you only need one near the Matrix.

I'm not gonna share any screenshots though, everything is in a... mess, while I move bases. (Pro tip: When using a Creeper spawner for Blood Magic around your base, make sure they don't get loose...)

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using it for the past week or so. I never really liked golems for furnace->jars, so the storage is pretty nice. A import bus right on the furnace, a drive, a terminal, and the infusion thing is only 4 channels, and not much power at all. (I actually have 2 interfaces from my "main" network supplying commonly used items for the furnace)

The Infusion process works well, you only need one near the Matrix.

I'm not gonna share any screenshots though, everything is in a... mess, while I move bases. (Pro tip: When using a Creeper spawner for Blood Magic around your base, make sure they don't get loose...)
I actually had a problem with Eldritch Guardians spawning underneath my blood temple during the last server I was on. It meant my blood temple was perpetually shrouded in fog...

It was pretty cool, but if I opened the door and there was one in there... well I had some trouble.

Oh hey, is there anything about the mod that works for the whole Node stabilizer/node in a jar thing?
I know there was a node network thing you could do with stable nodes, but I didn't know what to do with it. Can you hook a node up to a ME system and have it feed Vis directly to it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1SDAN

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
I actually had a problem with Eldritch Guardians spawning underneath my blood temple during the last server I was on. It meant my blood temple was perpetually shrouded in fog...

It was pretty cool, but if I opened the door and there was one in there... well I had some trouble.

Oh hey, is there anything about the mod that works for the whole Node stabilizer/node in a jar thing?
I know there was a node network thing you could do with stable nodes, but I didn't know what to do with it. Can you hook a node up to a ME system and have it feed Vis directly to it?
As far as I know, you can't use ME -> Node, but I could be (happily) wrong.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
I did some searching around and found technomancy that integrates thermal foundation with thaumcraft. Seems like this is also something I want in my modpack.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Technomancy is a big old pile of bugs, at least half the stuff is broken and doesnt do anything or causes crashes. Give it a thorough test in creative mode before you add it to a world you care anything about. As for Thaumic Energistics, Im not sure I like the idea but I need to try it first. In creative mode again of course.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Technomancy is a big old pile of bugs, at least half the stuff is broken and doesnt do anything or causes crashes. Give it a thorough test in creative mode before you add it to a world you care anything about. As for Thaumic Energistics, Im not sure I like the idea but I need to try it first. In creative mode again of course.

Awww... Damn. I was hoping to make a thaumcraft+AE2+TF combo on my pack. I was going to use Rotarycraft but it looks exceedingly complicated.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I have never had an issue with technomancy. I use it in 3 different packs if you wanna try and replicate any issues on those (Sorcicraft, Mixicraft and Let it End).

Rungok, if you wanna try out any of the combos, feel free to try it in any of the packs I just mentioned, and if you wanna try RotaryCraft alongside it, Mixicraft has rotarycraft installed too :)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
okay cool. I'll try to see how it integrates.

Hey, how do I create a list of the mods I'm using together? I was thinking it would be nice to have someone take a look and see if I'm missing something simple or essential for a custom pack. (Not planning on taking it public)

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I feel that Thaumic Energistics allows too seamless/easy an integration between AE2 and Thaumcraft. I'd much rather come up with an alternative method of automating Thaumcraft stuff that meant integration was more difficult to achieve - it just seems right that you'd have to make use of workarounds to interface a computer system with the world of the arcane.

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I feel that Thaumic Energistics allows too seamless/easy an integration between AE2 and Thaumcraft. I'd much rather come up with an alternative method of automating Thaumcraft stuff that meant integration was more difficult to achieve - it just seems right that you'd have to make use of workarounds to interface a computer system with the world of the arcane.
9291_cdac.jpeg

Everyone has different playstyles. (And entirely irrelevant to his questions but..)
And honestly other other method of TC -> AE would break the feel of AE. I mean, Thaumic Energistics is exactly what you think an AE2 addon would be for automating TC. Import buses, export bus, storage buses, and an arcane crafting terminal. It just fits the "feel", so to speak. Although I would like to see a TC addon for AE. Skystone golem, portable cell that runs off Vis, etc. It would be pretty interesting

Reactions: 1SDAN and rungok

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
I personally would love to see a further integration of blood magic and AE since it also blends with TC. TC + AE work together, and BM + TC work, so...

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I personally would love to see a further integration of blood magic and AE since it also blends with TC. TC + AE work together, and BM + TC work, so...
BM and TC work even better together with Forbidden Magic.

And yeah, my above post is my opinion. I like having to work to get technology and magic working together. It makes the end result feel more awesome, more real to me. Besides, I only usually bother automating stuff that is a crafting grind through having to do it over and over. Not much of TC requires repetition, and those that do generally are pretty decent to do by hand.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
9291_cdac.jpeg

Everyone has different playstyles. (And entirely irrelevant to his questions but..)
And honestly other other method of TC -> AE would break the feel of AE. I mean, Thaumic Energistics is exactly what you think an AE2 addon would be for automating TC. Import buses, export bus, storage buses, and an arcane crafting terminal. It just fits the "feel", so to speak. Although I would like to see a TC addon for AE. Skystone golem, portable cell that runs off Vis, etc. It would be pretty interesting

Oh but its ok to break the feel of Thaumcraft, right? We all know that Azanor wants thaumcraft to be played in a certain way, not full on automation but some hands on stuff too. Thats why he nerfed essentia tubes. Not that I am saying its wrong to use thaumic energistics but I am saying it could definitely stand to be more thaumcrafty.

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
Oh but its ok to break the feel of Thaumcraft, right? We all know that Azanor wants thaumcraft to be played in a certain way, not full on automation but some hands on stuff too. Thats why he nerfed essentia tubes. Not that I am saying its wrong to use thaumic energistics but I am saying it could definitely stand to be more thaumcrafty.
Most addons for 2 different mods that I know of break the feel of one or the other, and favor the other. Thaumic Energitics is clearly an AE2 addon for integrating with Thaumcraft. Thaumic Integration has the same feature set for AE as Thaumic Energistics, so it appears it must be difficult to make AE feel Thaumcrafty.
If you want automation or more storage that are Thaumcrafty, there are already several addons for Thaumcraft that do that. This mod fills a different niche. (Also, if you want to play TC the way Azanor wants it to be played, don't use TC addons. If he wanted that content/mechanics for TC, it would be in TC itself =P )

rungok

Jul 29, 2019

I didn't know the mod maker had such opinions. Huh... Well, I mean, it's our choice to use the mod or not, right? I mean if the mod dev made it publically available then I can play it with other mods if I want to without needing his permission to use with the others, right?

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know the mod maker had such opinions. Huh... Well, I mean, it's our choice to use the mod or not, right? I mean if the mod dev made it publically available then I can play it with other mods if I want to without needing his permission to use with the others, right?
Yes. You can use whatever mods you want. That's the beauty of modded Minecraft. They are just complaining because Thaumic Energistics doesn't fit their style of play or what they think an AE2 addon should be for Thaumcraft. If you like it, use it.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Okay thanks. I really enjoy the work all the mod makers have done to make minecraft have more things available. I can't code like that, though I have lots of ideas I think would be great, so I appreciate what they do.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Most addons for 2 different mods that I know of break the feel of one or the other, and favor the other.
I would highlight Forbidden Magic as a counter example to that claim. Although primarily a Thaumcraft addon, it interacts with TTKami, Blood Magic, Botania and various other mods to add various extra toys to what it provides. Furthermore it is balanced pretty well with those mods. A self-charging wand seems pretty powerful until you realise that it's a slow recharge, and is quite an expensive conversion into vis. On Magic World 2, fully recharging my Vinteum capped Witchwood Wand took more than my full mana bar (and I was at about lv 50 in AM2 and had all the mana recharging abilities).