Anyone into cryptocoins? Bitcoin, litecoin, etc?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've been interested in it for some time now, but my computer knowledge is not sufficient enough to make a good profit out of it.
I tried mining some normal bitcoins for an hour or so, just to see how fast I could mine, and it was not profitable at all, so I quit

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
I've been interested in it for some time now, but my computer knowledge is not sufficient enough to make a good profit out of it.
I tried mining some normal bitcoins for an hour or so, just to see how fast I could mine, and it was not profitable at all, so I quit

Yeah, bitcoins cant be mined with normal computers anymore (you spend more in power than what you earn) because specialized hardware made PCs obsolete.

If you have a good ATI video card tho it can be quite profitable to mine for other coins, like litecoin. Specially if you already have the card you can set your computer to mine while you sleep and make some money off it.

There was a project by someone to create a crypto-based minecraft server. You would basically use the currency as ingame currency, and the idea was that you could take it with you to other servers and such. Not sure what happened to that project tho.

EDIT: Out of curiosity googled it and found this: http://craftcoin.net/

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, bitcoins cant be mined with normal computers anymore (you spend more in power than what you earn) because specialized hardware made PCs obsolete.

If you have a good ATI video card tho it can be quite profitable to mine for other coins, like litecoin. Specially if you already have the card you can set your computer to mine while you sleep and make some money off it.

There was a project by someone to create a crypto-based minecraft server. You would basically use the currency as ingame currency, and the idea was that you could take it with you to other servers and such. Not sure what happened to that project tho.

EDIT: Out of curiosity googled it and found this: http://craftcoin.net/

yea, you really need alot of knowledge about computers if you want to make a profit out of it...
I've a pretty damn good computer, but because I don't know alot of computers it's pointless for me to start with bitcoins, I'd just be wasting money on power rather then earning money with it

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
yea, you really need alot of knowledge about computers if you want to make a profit out of it...
I've a pretty damn good computer, but because I don't know alot of computers it's pointless for me to start with bitcoins, I'd just be wasting money on power rather then earning money with it

I can give you a hand to get started if you want!

Isak309

Jul 29, 2019
I invested in bitcoins when they were only used for the drugmarket at 10$ each, I bought about 100 and sold them right before the plummet, at 1100$!
I now have about 150,000$ just from that, I didn't need to anything but wait.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
I invested in bitcoins when they were only used for the drugmarket at 10$ each, I bought about 100 and sold them right before the plummet, at 1100$!
I now have about 150,000$ just from that, I didn't need to anything but wait.

Thats awesome! Where do you trade?

Isak309

Jul 29, 2019
I never traded, I just bought them cause I thought they would get big, it was probably 4-5 months ago
Btw, the market is too unstable right now, it get manipulated from people with a lot of money

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
I never traded, I just bought them cause I thought they would get big, it was probably 4-5 months ago
Btw, the market is too unstable right now, it get manipulated from people with a lot of money

Yup, there is not enough people using the coin yet, so the market is still too easy to manipulate.
As more and more people start using it you will need many millions to move it a couple points, so it will stabilize greatly.

So far I follow/like its evolution from 3 standpoints

1) I do believe it has a potential to be "a" (not necessarilty "the") coin for the future. Its vastly superior in several aspects to normal cash and I think those will be exploited.

2) Technologically, its a very fun experiment/project! (Its sad to see TV people interview economists who cant understand why its secure or different from a scam scheme, you see them always repeating the same 3 or 4 arguments other economists like them say)

3) Even if it doenst become a mainstream coin that you can buy candy with at every shop, i strongly believe it will become a VERY strong cross-boundary online payment system (think amazon, newegg, whatever without having to worry for the exchange rate for foreign people, and much cheaper transaction fees)

I hope it becomes big!

Isak309

Jul 29, 2019
I belive it is the next step to the future, just like myspace was the leap to all the social networks.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
with all these new things I always think, if I need someone else to tell me how big it's going to be, then I'm already too late to the party.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I did some research, and do not understand cryptocoins. Can anyone please explain like you would explain to an idiot?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I did some research, and do not understand cryptocoins. Can anyone please explain like you would explain to an idiot?

I'm not sure if I'm saying this right, but I think cryptocoins are smaller bitcoin networks that work similar to Bitcoin, but have their own system

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
...What is a bitcoin? I understand its digital currency, but how does mining them work?

well, I'm not really into that either, but it's as you said, it's a digital currency. you can mine bitcoins by taking on mathematical codes and have your computer decipher them. if your computer does it first and correctly, you'll be rewarded with a bitcoin... anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, as I've no idea if I've actually explained it right