Anyone Have a solution to 1.7.10 problem?

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
So with Mekanism finally becoming 1.7 I wanted to get on the 1.7.10 Bandwagon. So I booted up the 1.7.10 forge installer installed it clicked play annnnd. It went back to the Minecraft launcher. After a bit of fiddling I couldn't get it to work, so I tried completely uninstalling and re-installing Minecraft, re-downloading Minecraft forge 10.13.0.1180 and the same problem occurs, where I get kicked back to the launcher. Also their is no error or crash log it just kicks me back. If I can't get this fixed I'll just have to go back to my 1.7.2 corner and wait for 1.8. Also it's only happening with 1.7.10 forge. Any help would be appreciated =D

P.S There are no mods in the mod folder yet, so it's not any mods fault.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Something like ForgeModLoader-client-0.log in your .minecraft directory, or if you have OpenEye installed (it didn't sound like you did) you'd possibly find a log or three in a .minecraft/reports directory. If your system *really* crashed hard, you might check .minecraft/crash-reports

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh yeah, I'm blind didn't notice it at first. Once I figure out how to put it in here in the non wall of text version I'll put it here.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
That's worrisome -- looks like it just went "poof" in the middle of an operation.

Java is Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, version 1.7.0_55, running on Windows 7:x86:6.1, installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7
Java 7 u55 is a little old (you could try updating it), and the fact that it's a 32-bit Java might become an issue with more stuff added in, but even so, a Minecraft with nothing but Forge applied should've started. This is looking just really bloody weird.

Just for a laugh, try grabbing MultiMC and telling that to install Forge for you, and see if anything changes?

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I tried updating my Java but it appears every time I download the latest version, it doesn't go through. Odd.

EDIT: Fixed. For some reasons my permissions for Java got screwy. Lets see if this fixes the problem.

EDIT #2: Nope problem persists. Will now try multimc, if I can figure out how to download forge for it.

Last edited:

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT #2: Nope problem persists. Will now try multimc, if I can figure out how to download forge for it.
Edit Mods, first tab, there's a button labeled "Install Forge" that gives you a list of all the Forges compatible with that instance. Forge 1180 is both latest and recommended for 1.7.10, so it's a pretty easy choice at the moment (I wish that dialog had the recommended version highlighted, though).

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
So it looks like there might be something wrong with your machine (not Minecraft, necessarily, except in as much as the new version exercises something that wasn't being used in previous versions). The reported crash is in ig4icd32.dll, which (as I had guessed, and then googled) is an Intel graphics driver. Have you tried updating the graphics driver any time recently? If there's a new one available, you could give that a try, or it may be that just reinstalling the drivers may help if they've been partially corrupted.

Edit: For what it's worth, MultiMC was better in that it gave us the actual JVM crash report, which was nice.

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, in the process of trying to update my driver I found that when scanning for a driver for the comp sites don't seem to recognize that I have java installed, even though I do. I have no clue how to work around this. At the rate this is going it may end up that I can no longer play modded minecraft past 1.7.2 (until I get a new comp in the unforeseeable future.
P.S Sorry for the large image, still new to the forums so I can't figure out how everyone makes those spoiler boxes for putting images in.
357hsgh.jpg

Last edited:

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
something I've noticed from your path.. you are running them from a temp directory ? (doesn't work too well when trying to modify a client..)

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
something I've noticed from your path.. you are running them from a temp directory ? (doesn't work too well when trying to modify a client..)
I honestly had no clue I was, I've tired using the standard launcher, and MultiMc, I don't know how to use a non temp directory.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Right-click on your desktop, and hit "Make new Folder" extract the MultiMC archive to that folder, and there ya go a non-temp directory.

hmm weird thing is that, you first log isn't actually crashing... odd and it's installed right *head scratch*

Last edited:

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, in the process of trying to update my driver I found that when scanning for a driver for the comp sites don't seem to recognize that I have java installed, even though I do. I have no clue how to work around this. At the rate this is going it may end up that I can no longer play modded minecraft past 1.7.2 (until I get a new comp in the unforeseeable future.
P.S Sorry for the large image, still new to the forums so I can't figure out how everyone makes those spoiler boxes for putting images in.
357hsgh.jpg
I... couldn't begin to guess what's wrong there, but it's definitely something to do with the software on that machine. Now, I would never go as far as to say it would require a new machine to fix it (anything software is solvable), but I'm also not up to the tech support required.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013

Quick question @Nfrance -- How much RAM do you have on that computer?

I noticed that you are (at least under MultiMC pastebin log) using -Xms512m and -Xmx1024m. If you have extra RAM I'd be tempted to bump that up a bit, and if you're actually running with relatively low RAM, you might need to REDUCE it to run properly.