Any way to store BuildCraft energy?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RedMser

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a BatBox, MFE, MFSU, ... but for BuildCraft energy? You could convert it to EU and then store it, but that is far more affort than using a normal energy storage.
I did find a socalled "Battery Block" but I don't have any idea what that is all about, but it does not connect to conductive pipes.

So is there a way to store MJ without converting it back and forth?

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Conduit stores 1,000 in any conduit that connects to a machine. ( You should always use conduit, not terrible conductive pipe. )

Redstone Energy Cells can hold 500,000 MJ in them, with adjustable input and output.

Phycoz

Jul 29, 2019
Try the Redstone Energy Cell

I think that stores MJ
EDIT: Didn't read the last sentence of the post above me ^.^

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
You know, someone should sticky this info or something, cause that's the third (I think?) thread with this exact question :). (Not counting the one where the guy asked if there's anything besides them).

But yeah, redstone energy cells all the way.

jerrysoda

Jul 29, 2019
Conduit stores 1,000 in any conduit that connects to a machine. ( You should always use conduit, not terrible conductive pipe. )

Redstone Energy Cells can hold 500,000 MJ in them, with adjustable input and output.

I understand that those are good, but they take a lot of resources and power to make. So there really is no way to store power when just starting out, until you have the machines and power capabilities to make the energy conduits and the energy cell your jut going to have to live with losing a lot of power through the conductive pipes.

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone energy cells OR "Liquid Energy" Mod , store MJ/EU In form of liquids in tanks.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
psst. This thread is over half a year old.

Use thermal expansion machines from the start, and they will store power inside themselves. It then takes only a little more to get energy conduit and cells. Really, they are quite cheap, not expensive. Only thing that takes a bit of resources is the redstone...which we always have plenty anyways. Even with putting redstone on my tinkers construct tools, I have over a stack to spare...and I barely have 1 powered furnace and a pulverizer. All hand mined.

Also, the cell now stores 600,000 MJ.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
You signed up today, found a thread from December, and replied to it with a complaint. Not only that but the last reply in this thread is Poppycocks saying that this type of thread was old and tired 6 months ago. -_-

I now fully understand Lambert's frustration with this type of thing.

Reactions: PeggleFrank