Any way to auto refill frames in Apiaries?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

teser

Jul 29, 2019
In my alvearies I've been using ME Export Bus's to keep all my frame housings constantly filled, however when I try this with apiaries it doesn't seem to want to put the frames in (i've tried top/sides/bottom). Any ideas for alternatives or a way to fix this?

Phoenix591

Jul 29, 2019
I havn't tried it, but I'd try using routers and trying to insert into different slots (not sides) to see if one coralates with the frame slots.. youd need 3 routers to refill the 3 different slots, but they'd be able to do a whole line of apiaries

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
No routers and even turtles can't do it now. There was the last automation methods to be "blacklisted".

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Can't BC pipes pump frames into them?

I tried it in 1.4.7 and set up a system with overflow control and timers and massive buffers... Long story short, it tried to shove an unholy amount of frames into the apiary all the time. If the frame doesn't go in, it gets spit out and lands in my huge transposer area and gets sucked into a buffer which gets sent back into the system. It worked well, with the downside of massive entity lag.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
It's shouldn't at all for just pipes.. it's probably a bug or your server somehow hacked that. More then likely it's simply a bug.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
sengir said and is making sure that frames CANNOT be automated with apiaries, they however can with alvearies.
I don't mind that frames can't be automated in apiaries, it helps you with advancing towards alvearies instead of staying at apiaries

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea idk how he got it to work with apiaries with just pipes.. Nothing should work like you said.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
You can't, it's intended, and I think is because IRL you are supposed to place the frames and stuff, but yet again, also the bees.

But I'll totally love if thaumic bees made a tier 3 apiarist golem (maybe made with pollen or royal jelly?) that can place frames in an apiary.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Or high end frames that's won't take damage that made from iridium plates and other expensive things. Like may even difference grades of "built to last" frames like an iron one could be the cheapest but give very little boost to an iridium plated one that can give you a lot.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Probably because infinite frames would be highly OP and iridium is expensive as fuck and makes no sense as a bee stat boosting material.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Or high end frames that's won't take damage that made from iridium plates and other expensive things. Like may even difference grades of "built to last" frames like an iron one could be the cheapest but give very little boost to an iridium plated one that can give you a lot.
Aren't there frames in Thaumic Bees which basically do that? I know they use Vis, but I thought that the basic thaumic frames lasted forever(assuming you have enough Vis).

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Cool so some vis producing bees churning out some vis for them is the way to "automate" frames apiaries. Idk if that even worth the while or is there a better way to make more vis.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Cool so some vis producing bees churning out some vis for them is the way to "automate" frames apiaries. Idk if that even worth the while or is there a better way to make more vis.
...Bees which produce Vis?
All I know about for Vis Production was the Crystal Cluster. Or (back in 1.4.7 in my "Complete Bullshit" install) using Liquid Vis to drain MystCraft Dimensions of their Aura and bring it to my base.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Wow so yea I would really like "built to last" frames that would come at a high crafting cost but will be worth it in the long run than using frames out of wood. Like how buckets are more pricey than cans but they last forever. Or like the Ommiwenrech most expensive wenrech on the "market" but the last one you'll ever need.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
...Bees which produce Vis?
Thaumic bees. You breed up to Stark, which produce dull shards, then use the infusion alter on that species along with other shards to produce new races for the other colours.

Very, very low production rates though. You get the combs fast enough but the odds of getting shards out of them are very low. But hey, free crystal clusters.

There's also an actual Vis branch on offer, but I'm not sure if they act as crystal clusters on their own. Haven't had any need to go down that path yet.