Any good Red power alloy wire replacements?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Celldweller

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much as the title says. Looking for a good replacement to Red Power's red alloy wire. I just love how this stuff looked and functioned. Is something in the works that replaces this, or is there something out there already? I love how you could place it on a wall or whatever and you wouldn't knock your head on it or trip on it seeing how it didn't take up much of a block at all. Anyways love the packs keep up the great work!

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 4

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Redlogic

This is a mod that adds timers and red alloy wiring like rp2 used to have. Its made by Immbis who also makes a type of microblocks you can use. He actually has quite a few mods as well as a version of advanced machines for Ic2.

Celldweller

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome I'll have to check out red logic. Thanks Grydian2

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I've just noticed something probably overlooked in Redlogic.

3vgXk.png

Why are the dyes over the iron ingots when the metal bit is the driver itself?
Also 2 ingots for a screw driver...? C'mon.

Reactions: casilleroatr

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
MFR has Rednet Cable, which functions pretty much like Bundled Cable which can output any color on any face.

Granted, Rednet Cable runs more like Jacketed Wire rather than the insulated wire, but same basic concepts apply.

The Programmable Rednet Controller can handle a lot of different things simultaneously, but is kind of an expensive block.

Celldweller

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of reasons I bring this up is the first reason up top but even Direwolf20 kinda made a comment about it in Season 5 episode 8 I think it was he was setting up bio gas on the forge craft server and it looked terrible the way he had to do it. It seriously looked bad compared what it could look like with red alloy wiring. For something to be put in the official packs to replace this lol. I just wonder how other people are getting around this with the mods that are included.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Honestly considering Immibis has been arguing with greg for months about adding back in the tin buckets so I kinda doubt it. Immibis does not perscribe to the make it cost more and take longer crowd.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of reasons I bring this up is the first reason up top but even Direwolf20 kinda made a comment about it in Season 5 episode 8 I think it was he was setting up bio gas on the forge craft server and it looked terrible the way he had to do it. It seriously looked bad compared what it could look like with red alloy wiring. For something to be put in the official packs to replace this lol. I just wonder how other people are getting around this with the mods that are included.

Minefactory Reloaded is in the official 1.5x packs. It isn't the same as red alloy wire but try it and I think you will like it. I don't know if you have watched the later episodes of Direwolf's Season 5 Server Play but...

...he uses the rednet cable alot once MFR got added to ForgeCraft (I think after episode 19) so there are examples there.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Project Red
Has logic, microblocks, red alloy wire and a few other bits and pieces. Haven't used the logic yet but the wire is a direct replacement of red alloy wire down to the recipe and the microblocks are flawless fewer versions but who did use the anti-covers anyway?? but they are not in the 1.6.2 release as Forge Multipart does it instead.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I've just noticed something probably overlooked in Redlogic.

3vgXk.png

Why are the dyes over the iron ingots when the metal bit is the driver itself?
Also 2 ingots for a screw driver...? C'mon.
It's Minecraft, it doesn't have to make sense. And it's an unlimited-uses screwdriver, unlike RedPower's.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Rednet cable from MFR is great. It's in the Unleashed pack and let's you place free-floating redstone paths

Edit: after re-reading the OP I don't know if rednet is what you want. It's not a surface-trail wiring. It's free-floating. Much like the insulated blutricity cabling from redpower. it does take space. But it also has some advantages - you don't need to place blocks to train it on. you can send it through the air or under what you are wiring and you can place a switch right on the end of the wire, not requiring a block for that either.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone dust always works.

Edit: Just re read the OP. Wireless Redstone would probably be your best bet, that or Rednet.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
It's Minecraft, it doesn't have to make sense. And it's an unlimited-uses screwdriver, unlike RedPower's.

It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to be realistic to the point it's not overpowered.
While still making sense.

This is why we girls have issues with ftb.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to be realistic to the point it's not overpowered.
While still making sense.

This is why we girls have issues with ftb.

Not entirely sure what being female has to do with wanting a system with continuity.

The only one I've had interaction with is rednet cabling, which doesn't quite work like red allow wire, more like jacketed wire. Except that you can't hide it.

Reactions: RedBoss

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Not entirely sure what being female has to do with wanting a system with continuity.

The only one I've had interaction with is rednet cabling, which doesn't quite work like red allow wire, more like jacketed wire. Except that you can't hide it.

I was being satirical, I didn't mean it literally, but if you want to be pedantic it's in their early programming.
Blame the parents.