Any fun things to do in FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
I'm into bees, and it's pretty AFK-intensive.
Are there any fun short projects I could do while waiting for my bees to do their bee stuff?

I'm using the Mindcrack pack. I've already completed Thaumcraft research, and Iridium/UU is way out of reach for me to do anything useful with them.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Have you crafted any of the Thaumcraft items? I see that people complete the research and never use it. Right now I have a 90% Thaumcraft gear kit. I even use the Thaumostatic Harness for building.

Try crafting the items and see where that leads you. Also golem farms are epic, and since Mindcrack is oppressive and limited, I'd recommend it. :)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Check out all the mods in your mod pack and look up youtube videos for ideas.

There are so many things to do in FTB, you just gotta find what's right for you.

Carbon Acid

Jul 29, 2019
Try going in to mystcraft. Its a nice mod in which you can create your own world which can be just as you want. So for example, you can make a world which is made of a chess like world, you can have a desert for your arid bee needs, and a forest for some most of the your bees. Our you can make a cheaty world which is just made of oil and pump ultimate and free oil for power. And i see you have problems with iridium , there is an easy way to fix that with mystrcraft (i get about 64 iridium ore on every 10 min). Its all around a nice mod to do and very useful, but you need to be aware of the danger you can get in to. But first you need some good armor and a jetpack.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Carbon acid, he's mostly AFKing, so I guess he needs to stay in an area to keep chunks loaded.

You could teach yourself to program, revamp your sorting system, send secret messages via tesseract, decorate, make a shrine to herobrine or grumm, and try your hand at pixel art! :D

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack pack "stuff to do"?
Try OVERCOMPLICATING stuff!
I mean, seriously.
Do a small system and try to think "How inefficient can I make this automatable system?"

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
Try going in to mystcraft. Its a nice mod in which you can create your own world which can be just as you want. So for example, you can make a world which is made of a chess like world, you can have a desert for your arid bee needs, and a forest for some most of the your bees. Our you can make a cheaty world which is just made of oil and pump ultimate and free oil for power. And i see you have problems with iridium , there is an easy way to fix that with mystrcraft (i get about 64 iridium ore on every 10 min). Its all around a nice mod to do and very useful, but you need to be aware of the danger you can get in to. But first you need some good armor and a jetpack.

Well, the Mindcrack pack currently doesn't have Mystcraft, so that's not an option :/

You could teach yourself to program, revamp your sorting system, send secret messages via tesseract, decorate, make a shrine to herobrine or grumm, and try your hand at pixel art! :D

I've never been good at programming, but I guess it's worth a try.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
When I get bored I build something new.

New does not need to be a new item. I fine building intresting structures to be a fun project and something you can do on any mod pack.

This also can be intresting builds like building automation lines for diffrent things you can make with your mod pack of choice.

Eitherway a good way not to get bored with MC and Modded MC is to play outside the goal of just getting X. Its one thing to get 100% thuam resreach but it is another to use that stuff to make say a wizard themed building or a golem based sorter.

Reactions: RedBoss

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Build a base in the nether, build a base in the end, build a base on the moon, build another base. Resource management across multiple bases offer new and exciting challenges.

Kill the dragon, kill the naga, kill wither, kill everything in full Gravisuit for maximum OP-ness.

Build a village consisting of golem and arbitrary machines that consume arbitrary EU to do arbitrary tasks when activated arbitrarily by the villagers.

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
Build a base in the nether, build a base in the end, build a base on the moon, build another base. Resource management across multiple bases offer new and exciting challenges.

Kill the dragon, kill the naga, kill wither, kill everything in full Gravisuit for maximum OP-ness.

Build a village consisting of golem and arbitrary machines that consume arbitrary EU to do arbitrary tasks when activated arbitrarily by the villagers.

I've done the first two of those things already. (Without the Gravisuit, ofc; those things are just nanoarmor stuffed to the brim with iridium <_<)
The third one I'll have to try out.

jbdude2010

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm. I haven't done that since 1.3. Need to put that on my to-do list.

I didn't even know there was a such thing as a Railcraft sorting system!!! Does that just mean with Minecarts???

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Build two pirate ships, outfit them with TNT cannon triggered by wireless redstone and film them having a battle to the death