Another server related problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
hi guys I have another server related problem. I am trying to setup a sever for direwolf20 1.7 modpack. Basically I made a network and set the ip to my ip in the server.properties file. I can connect to the server now. But my friends can't. They are connected to the hamachi server but when they try to connect using the server ip that hamachi gave me. It's doesnt work please help. Thanks in advanced

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
If there were a video on this (for 1.7.10) that would be great. Servers work on 1.6.4 modded servers for me but they don't work on 1.7.10 please help

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Your best bet with Hamachi "servers" is just to use a sinpleplayer world. Open to LAN. Then give them the port that shows up in chat.

The they just need the hamachi group's IPV4 address, and the port you got

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
ok so i did the server.properties thing still my friends cant connect. I tried doing the lan world thing and they got my ipv4 address and i gave them the port. Still nothing. I went into my MacFee firewall and made sure all java things have all access in everything. Still it doesn't work. Any other suggestions?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Are you the one "hosting" the hamachi network? If not you need to be the "host" and then retry the LAN thing.

The ip that your friends need is the numbers that appear next to the power button thing in hamachi (up to the /) followed by : with the port after it e.g:
0.0.0.0:12345

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Or learn how to port foward would be a ton more easier than using silly hamachi.
That's all well and good, but if this is a kid whose parents have put a password on the router, and not told them, then hamachi (or other VPN software) may be the only option

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so its seems to be working when i turn off my firewall. Btw macfee manages my firewall so i am not sure. I looked up tutorials on how to let java go through my firewall, but nothing. I will port fraward, but I cant seem to find a good tutorial for my router, but i will probably.