Another one of these...

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hello folks! Me again...

So I'm using a 3rd party hosting service for my DW20 1.6.4 (v.1.0.25) server.
I've been speaking with them about some issues I have been having, and they are very responsive.

They also host my vanilla server and have always been helpful, this is the reason why I chose them to host my FTB server.

So the issues I've been having seem to either indicate that I don't have enough disk space, or there isn't enough ram allocated to my server on start up.

According to them, I have 10gigs of disk space (I rented a "BIG" server lol) and that the server has 3.5 gb set to it and an extra 256 set to permgen space.

I'm still getting "(player) has moved to fast" and "did the time change" errors popping up in my console.
I've also noticed some rubber band type action as well, where you run for a bit, then are transported back (this is the player has moved too fast error) All my research points to server java arguments.

They are quite willing to change any of the java arguments for me, as they use Multicraft for client control and the start up doesn't recognize any ServerStart.bat or ServerStart.sh files I upload to the server.

I've looked at all the "server java arguments" threads and found them all to be horribly outdated, or people say "use java arguments" to solve these issues, but don't point to what arguments to use.

If anyone has a link, or would take the time to copy paste the arguments they use, it would be greatly appreciated.

Please remember that this is on a 3rd party host, so I don't have access to their start up files.

*Edit.. This thread was moved from Server Admin forum.. I put it in the wrong place, so no, you are not having deja vu.. LOL

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you just have a cheap host and the processors are not fast enough or the storage is quite slow.