Annoying quarry problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Expect2Die

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have a very annoying problem.
I've set up a qarry and it mined till a certain level and then stopped going deeper.
It still mines invisible blocks but stays stuck at that level and keeps mining that very same level.
Result: Doesn't go any deeper.

I've used the very same quarry before and it worked just fine.
I've reset the quarry 2 times (also changed the boundaries)
I've got a chunk loader right next to it which covers the area i want to be mined and the whole pipeline back to my base.

I'm running a fragnet server on infinity 1.7 v1.2.1.

how do i go about solving this?

Thanks!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Not sure what your glitch is, but as an FYI quarries automatically chunkload the entire area they are set to mine AND the chunk the quarry block itself is in (you get a little message that pops up to tell you so :) ), so you don't need to chunkload them at all.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is the layer your quarry won't mine filled with lava, perhaps? If so, there's your problem. The BC quarry won't mine anything underneath lava (source or flowing), which is why people usually flood them with water. This cools any lava into cobblestone or obsidian, which the quarry can mine with no trouble. It also produces a lagfest when you try to drain the water afterward.

However, if your quarry was flooded with lava, you'd have probably mentioned it. You say it seems to be breaking some invisible blocks over and over again? Is there a Thaumcraft Arcane Lamp or Factorization Wrath Lamp nearby somewhere? Those like to place invisible light source blocks all over the place, which the quarry may or may not try to break.

The only other thing I know of off the top of my head that repeatedly places invisible blocks is Railcraft's player tracking feature. However, it only places them where players are standing/moving, so that's probably not your problem- unless you're running around in the bottom of the quarry.

Expect2Die

Jul 29, 2019
The quarry is not filled with lava, but i'll fill it with water and see if that does anything.
I've placed the chunk loader just to try and solve it.
There's also no fancy things around. no wratch or arcane lamps.

the quarry stopped working before even went down. after, ofcourse i went down to check what's going on.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Carefull with putting water there. I managed to kill a world by doing this :) To many water updates will make your world lag hard.
Also had you tried to change the quarry to a other location? If for some reason there is a problem in the current chunk just go for a other.

Also I hope you checked that the quarry has enough space to put all items in? What Quarry is it? BC? Ender Quarry?

I got a similar thing with Ender Quarry and Liquid Upgrade. Since I did not put more then 1 tank on it, it had no space to output the second fluid type and there for it did not mine

Expect2Die

Jul 29, 2019
it's the normal quarry, it fixed itself somehow overnight.
worked fine when i went on.

there was some lava on a mountain which the quarry couldn't get but it just started mining around those blocks.

Problem solved thanks to, i have no idea.

knoxz

Jul 29, 2019
Had the exact problem on a server a few days ago. Got annoyed and crafted an ender quarry. End of story.

Syrxen

Jul 29, 2019
I've had this problem tons of times. Once it frustrated me so bad i just stopped playing :/.