Annoying attention-seeking launcher behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramba2564

Jul 29, 2019
So, there's one thing that the launcher is doing and it's driving me nuts! I usually open it, choose a mod pack, and while it loads I go choose another song, I dunno. I basically go to other programs while I wait. But then everything that happens with the launcher brings back the focus of the window. That means that sometimes I'm doing something and then suddenly the launcher's windows appear on my screen all like "ERMAGHERD LOOK AT MEH", making me stop whatever I was doing previously. That really gets on my nerves.

Is there any way to make it so that the launcher doesn't request the window focus? Like, make the taskbar icon blink orange instead of making it open all the windows automatically?

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
You serious, everything does that, when it finishes loading it will pop to the front to notify you -_-

caramba2564

Jul 29, 2019
I can't tell if this is a serious question or a troll post.... <.<

It is serious. :p

You serious, everything does that, when it finishes loading it will pop to the front to notify you -_-

Not really. Usually when something finishes loading their taskbar icon starts blinking orange. They don't simply just pop up from nowhere. And since FTB has like 3 or 4 windows between the launching and the actual game, it is really annoying having the window focus being changed all the time.

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
FTB has 2 windows at most if you turn the console on, and is it really that difficult to click minimize, this is such a stupid discussion

frostmute

Jul 29, 2019
I agree...

You are barking up the wrong tree anyway; go make a post with this question on a Windoze troubleshooting forum or minimize and move on.

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
???? We understand what your saying, perfectly in fact, it just sounds totally pointless to comment about????

frostmute

Jul 29, 2019
It has nothing to do with your writing, don't bother posting a video.

Your inquiry is asinine, its as simple as that.

I'm just being honest with you.

caramba2564

Jul 29, 2019
It has nothing to do with your writing, don't bother posting a video.

Your inquiry is asinine, its as simple as that.

I'm just being honest with you.

I understand. But since it's something that bothers me, I would like to get some help. And that's what I'm trying to do.

frostmute

Jul 29, 2019
try tom's hardware or a similar forum, they might be able to assist you better.

like was said before; the behavior you are describing is normal operating procedure for 90% of the applications running on windows, not the other way around.

no one here will be able to help you because this is a WINDOWS issue, not a 'problem' directly related to the FTB launcher. The launcher works like it is supposed to in this regaurd.

caramba2564

Jul 29, 2019
But I've never had any applications that had this behavior before. The launcher was the first one. So I was assuming this was related to the launcher. For example, I tried opening all programs I have and none of them changed the window focus back to themselves. I will look more into that, though.

EDIT: I messed around in my registries. Hopefully I managed to make Windows ignore all focus-stealing attempts. Will reboot and feedback here.

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious, in the launcher have you tried going to: Options > Advanced Options > uncheck "Auto Maximized?"

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious, in the launcher have you tried going to: Options > Advanced Options > uncheck "Auto Maximized?"

Man... you guys are just so unhelpful.

It is not a maximization issue. What the OP is saying is: he selects the pack to load, goes to another program to work on something, then gets ripped away whenever: the initial loading(the one with a stop button) starts.

Which i agree is horribly annoying, especially if you are typing when it happens since space acts as a confirm and then the loading is aborted.

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
I know what hes on about, it just pops up, it just really isnt a big problem compared to so many other things that go on

Mighr

Jul 29, 2019
How's this Forum called? Launcher feedback? What does the OP do? Giving Feedback for the launcher!

Just because it is not a problem for you doesn't mean it is not a problem in general.
I find it annoying too, FTB takes it's time to launch and instead of staring at the loading screen for ~30 seconds some people are actually trying to do something else but the launcher grabs focus like 3-4 times while starting.
Of course there are bigger problems, but nobody yelled "FIX THAT DAMN BUG YOU LAZY DEVS", instead the OP was trying to make his problem clear with a little bit of sarcasm.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
No, what they said was that it was something built into Windows. They did not deny that it was feedback, they were saying why the supposed problem would most likely not be fixed. No one was mean to the guy. Cieronph came closest to that, but he apologised even though his post wasn't really even mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.