ANIME AVATARS!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Qazplm601, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Azzanine

Azzanine New Member

While I guess my judgment of fairy tail is somewhat rash it's not exactly judgeing a book by it's cover. More or less it's judgeing a book by its first chapter or paragraph. It's a level above judgeing the cover.

To be frank Ep 1 of Fairy Tail didn't show me any of the main characters. I didn't even catch their names really. Who are they? What motivates them? I mean they don't need a full biography but the basic gist of who they are and why we should continue to watch and follow their story wouldn't go amiss. Eithet that or they did do all that anf I just found them all too shallow to get interested.

It's like the writers think the audiences attention spans are too small for a little (and I mean a little) exposition. So it just belted ahead figuring they'll pick up the plot or give it more of a chance.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

pc_assassin likes this.
  2. frederikam

frederikam New Member

The first thing I was told when I was encouraged to watch Fairy Tail was that the first few episodes weren't as good as the latter ones, which happens to be the case. Just have a bit of patience.

pc_assassin likes this.
  3. Bigdbigd03

Bigdbigd03 New Member

Alright, let's become an anime gurlllll

Sent from an iPod 65, illegally talked about because of partnership. iPod 65 teleports through years like Back to the Past (Sequel to Back to the Future except in 2096).

pc_assassin likes this.
  4. NinjaEnergy

NinjaEnergy New Member

One of us

5. Bigdbigd03

Bigdbigd03 New Member

Hmm?

Sent from an iPod 65, illegally talked about because of partnership. iPod 65 teleports through years like Back to the Past (Sequel to Back to the Future except in 2096).

pc_assassin likes this.
  6. RJS

RJS New Member

I tend to gravitate more towards some of the darker shows. Tokyo Ghoul was amazing, although it went downhill in season 2 when they cut some of the most iconic scenes (semi-understandable, but TG is definitely never going to be family-friendly).

I started watching Darker Than Black, but I couldn't help but feel that it wasn't really going anywhere after 20-odd episodes.

Hellsing Ultimate is visually striking - because it's an OVA the animation quality is a step up, and again it does a beautiful job of blurring the line between man and monster.

Cowboy Bebop was something I watched a while back, it shows its age but still has its own very distinctive style. If any of you watched and enjoyed Firefly you'll probably like Cowboy Bebop.

Also, not technically an anime, but RWBY has some fantastic action scenes. The background ghost people in season 1 are annoying, but after that it really picks up.

7. LivingAngryCheese

LivingAngryCheese Over-Achiever

It's an anime inspired series, RWBY is basically anime.

pc_assassin likes this.
  8. Bigdbigd03

Bigdbigd03 New Member

rule be, or are double you be why

pc_assassin likes this.
  9. Eruantien

Eruantien New Member

quietly adds Hellsing to manga list
    Would you recommend the anime, or no?
    go home you're drunk

10. Bigdbigd03

Bigdbigd03 New Member

I was asking a pronunciation. Plus lol

pc_assassin likes this.
  11. RJS

RJS New Member

I've heard negative comments about the Hellsing anime, but never watched it myself. Ultimate (the OVA series) is excellent though

pc_assassin and Eruantien like this.
  12. fowltief

fowltief New Member

Read or die OVA... not the series..

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

pc_assassin likes this.
  13. Bigdbigd03

Bigdbigd03 New Member

Rjs, who is your avatar, and tief

pc_assassin likes this.
  14. pc_assassin

pc_assassin New Member

Love the new avatar man

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk

15. Bigdbigd03

Bigdbigd03 New Member

thanks

pc_assassin likes this.
  16. fowltief

fowltief New Member

Yuma kuga, anime called world trigger..I enjoyed it until they cut it short :(

pc_assassin likes this.
  17. Bigdbigd03

Bigdbigd03 New Member

Aww

pc_assassin likes this.
  18. frederikam

frederikam New Member

16/25 in of Log Horizon. Really loving the series so far. I would say why but I think that would be a spoiler.

19. RJS

RJS New Member

Kamishiro Rize from Tokyo Ghoul.

20. fowltief

fowltief New Member

Every time I use tap talk I see this..I'm Alittle disturbed.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

pc_assassin likes this.