Ampz modpack. Is it OK?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to try UE at least in a test world, and I was shocked. Textures for transformers, some cables and wiremill are missed, game starts to lag badly after a bit of gameplay and so on. Is it THAT bad?
Also, I won't be surprised if mods are outdated. Endothermic missile works like conventional and transformers are laggy.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I know that it can't be interesting - that's why I'm waiting for KirinDave's modpack which has UE, Mekanism and Atomic Science.
But Ampz seems to be laggy as hell ~_~

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Also I request a good tutorials on UE and, especially Atomic Science.
For example each tutorial on Fission reactor I saw was explaining it as a reactor with 3x3 turbine with a control rod (it's on the right). I tried to build that withoud a rod and it blew up. OK, that might be intentional. BUT, I tried the other design. It outputs more than twice as much energy as standard design and doesn't overheat! (stuck at ~1750 degrees)
2013-05-05_22.06.33.png

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
More derp - fission reactor can power THREE large turbines. That's about 540 KWt! Three times the output I see in different tutorials! So. I want a good tutorial!
2013-05-05_22.38.09.png

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
i despise how it handles power, It prevends things from being compact as much

i grew up on IC2

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
The other reason I don't like this particular modpack: I built an LHC using instant builder (creative) and tried to power a particle accelerator using Ultimate Energy Cube. It doesn't work. Just don't work. What I'm supposed to do with it?

EDIT: My derp. Forgot the redstone signal