1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Alternative for Optifine?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by John Freeman, Jan 1, 2014.

1. John Freeman

John Freeman New Member

I've seen one before but I forget the name, but essentially accomplishes the same goal of Optifine without screwing up mods as much. Wondering if anyone can recall the mod.

2. Pokefenn

Pokefenn New Member

3. John Freeman

John Freeman New Member

4. DZCreeper

DZCreeper New Member

FPS+ changes some math functions, which can have affects you may or may not notice.

5. Yosomith

Yosomith New Member

Main reason I used optifine was for the void fog removal and clear water, anything else was just added bonuses

6. DZCreeper

DZCreeper New Member

7. John Freeman

John Freeman New Member

8. Yosomith

Yosomith New Member

the deep dark is meant to be really dark, try some night vision potions

9. John Freeman

John Freeman New Member

Didn't think that would work. On my server we're currently using it as our quarry world since Myscraft was causing too much headache.

10. Yosomith

Yosomith New Member

From what I understand the darkness in the deep dark is fairly important to have there, since you take damage in the dark. Arcane lanterns help alot, I'm guessing wrathlamps help as well.

11. Yusunoha

Yusunoha New Member

I actually once tried that, drinking a night vision potion in the deep dark... rather then actually helping me, it blinded me even more

12. Mjw

Mjw New Member

anything for clear water?

13. Yosomith

Yosomith New Member

There you go, I've personally never tried it, only been to the deep dark once on one world. Always meant to go back just never got around it.

14. InThayne

InThayne Well-Known Member

This and vision Zoooom!