1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

All Dimensions in FTB

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Xheotris, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Xheotris

Xheotris New Member

So, I'm trying to figure out exactly how many mods in ftb add new dimensions, regardless of the pack they belong to. If you know of any, chime in and I'll edit the first post with a complete list. Also, if I get anything wrong, please let me know.

Dimension - Mod - Items needed

Overworld - Vanilla - None

Nether - Vanilla - 10+ Obsidian, fire

End - Vanilla - Ender portal frame, 12 eyes of ender.

Myst Ages - Mystcraft - Linking Book

Promised Land - Biomes O' Plenty - Ancient Staff

Moo Moo Farm - Ars Magica 2 - Gateway, evil looking book

Deep Dark - Extra Utilities - Dark Portal

Twilight Forest - Twilight Forest - 2x2 pool, flowers, diamond

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  2. Henry Link

Henry Link Popular Member

Twilight Forest - diamond tossed into a 2x2 water surrounded by flowers.

3. Gerald Huppertz

Gerald Huppertz New Member

Deep Dark requires the Dark Portal from Extra Utils.

4. GreenZombie

GreenZombie New Member

and the dark portal is made from quadruple compressed cobble and 4 unstable ingots (made with a division sigil).

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  5. dwappo

dwappo New Member

1 quad cobblestone, 4 triple cobblestone and 4 unstable ingots.

Padfoote likes this.
  6. GreenZombie

GreenZombie New Member

Mystcraft technically requires a Descriptive book for the first visit. All dimensions are equally visitable with linking books.

Making a descriptive book & a linking book to return home is going to require the materials to make an Ink mixer (5 planks, 2 smooth stone), book binding desk (5 planks 3 iron bars), two pieces of paper, 4 ink sacks, 1 glass vial (and water), and 2 pieces of leather.

RedBoss likes this.
  7. YX33A

YX33A New Member

So either 4 diamonds, 4 iron, and ninja speed, or 36 gold nuggets, 36 diamonds, and sanity are required. Cobble is mostly worthless.

Thankfully you do not consume either your ninja speed or sanity in these crafting recipes. They may be slightly damaged in the process, but this is rarely due to the actual items crafted.

Padfoote likes this.
  8. Xheotris

Xheotris New Member

Good point. Having a full summary of how to get to places might be useful. I might adjust the listings this evening.