AE2 subnetworks and priorities

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
tl;dr: I've been having issues with my subnetworks and getting priorities to work right. Is there a way to make the system see priorities across one or more subnetworks, or do I need to make room on the main trunk lines to make everything work properly.

Playing infinity. I have tried this twice, and it's failed to respect the network both times. On my first attempt I set an ME drive bay in my USSD to a priority of 15 and put a preformatted (Ignis) drive into the bay. On my primary trunk, I had an ME Essentia Storage Bus with a priority of 1. When I melted anything with ignis, it automatically went to the storage bus (empty warded jar). The drive was not used at all.

I rearranged and put a drive bay on the main line with a priority of 15 and everything started to function as expected.

This past weekend, having not learned from my mistakes, I created a few preformatted drives to hold ingots and such. I put that drive bay (priority 15) on the main trunk line and a storage bus attached to an autocrafting solution to turn excess ingots to blocks. It seemed to be working for a while, but that must have been my imagination because when I checked later, the storage bus was not being used and I had drives full of excess ingots. Moved the storage bus to the primary trunk line and magic happened.

I tried mucking with the priority of the storage bus leading to the subnetwork but that didn't help. Is this a correctable configuration, or are priorities just not visible across subnetworks?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
The first storage bus leading into your SSD needs a high priority so the main system will route there.
Once inside the SSD put your preformatted cells in the first "block" of drives and set the drives to a high priority.
Then set the storage bus leading to the second "block" at a lower priority.

Preformatted cells will fill first followed by the rest.

If you want something to go elsewhere first before storage set the priority to higher than the first bus leading into your network

block=6 drives on a subnetwork.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
OK. I thought I'd tried that last night with the storage bus leading to my autocrafter. I guess something else was wrong that kept it from working.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
2015-06-03_16.38.07.png

Try it like that, anything you want to go elsewhere first set to a higher priority than 1000

Note: Priorities of 1000 are not required, just easier to demonstrate, oh and use the little interfaces, just used the big ones to demonstrate

Reactions: zilvarwolf

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, an AE system sees its subnetworks as whole units, basically it only knows that that-and-that storage bus has some sort of inventory behind it, but it being a subnetwork or a chest makes no difference for it.
The subnetwork handles its priorities on its own and transparently for the main network.

Reactions: immibis