AE2 Processor/Charged Quartz Automation (1 Channel)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
On one channel, I've created a system which successfully autocrafts (per request) all 4 presses + combination of chips into processor, and charged quartz charging.

Ender I/O is OP. Screens to come.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
On one channel, I've created a system which successfully autocrafts (per request) all 4 presses + combination of chips into processor, and charged quartz charging.

Ender I/O is OP. Screens to come.
To say Ender IO is OP is to ignore the fact you could do the same with any mod that adds filterable item conduits.

Reactions: Tornado3019

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I did crystal growing and fluix crystals with Steve's Factory Manager :D
A neat thing is that with item valves you can detect whether there are seeds in the water and switch off the accelerators to save energy.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Do you need Ender IO for that? I've built a chip from raw material fabricator using only AE. Ok. Thaumcraft was used to produce charcoal and feed it into vibration chambers. It's semi automatic in that it's a subsystem that makes as many CPUs as it has materials for. But that's suitable to just hook up to an interface when I start investigating AE auto crafting properly.

Other than power the only other AE deficiency is a way to automate the grinder. So yeah. That's annoying.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just proud because I did it, while maintaining the aesthetic of my base. No longer can I just build practical and non-aesthetic builds, because the challenge doesn't exist anymore.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played that much with the new AE2 but I would like to see some pic on how this is done. I might be able to use it in my own build.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played that much with the new AE2 but I would like to see some pic on how this is done. I might be able to use it in my own build.

Well. Screenshots not really required.
All you need to know is that you cannot autocraft processors with less than 5 inscribers. One for each of the logic presses, and one to produce the finished processors. You don't use any auto crafting features for this - you simply make 2 networks that connect to the 5 inscribers:
The first network ("red" network) consists of a ME chest, and 5 export busses connected to the middle of the 5 inscibers, and an import bus but connected to the center of the 5th inscriber. The export busses export silicon, pure certus crystals, diamonds, gold ingots and redstone dust.
The other network (green) consists of a ME chest, 4 import busses, and two export busses. The import busses collect the printed circuits and silicon, and the export busses are connected to the top and bottom of the 5th inscriber. The bottom bus exports printed silicon, the top bus exports the remaining printed curcuits. Connect the two networks via pieces of fiber to a cable to provide power.

Now, any raw materials places in the red network chest will be cycled through the machines and go back into the same chest as finished circuits.

This standalone chip fabricator can be connected, via an interface attached to the red-network chest, to a crafting network. recipes will direct the injection of the correct ratio of raw materials and the completed processors can be exported/imported back into your crafting network.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
All you need to know is that you cannot autocraft processors with less than 5 inscribers.

Heh with SFM you can use 1 or 20, the system I have uses 1 ME interface and crafts using as many inscribers/presses I want and is dynamic. For instance now I have 4 inscribers and 4 of each presses, when I send say gold to the chest, SFM picks up the gold and relevant presses and sends it to an inscriber, if I send 4 gold it will use all 4 presses/inscribers, if I send 1 it will just use 1. When the press is done it returns to the chest and since the recipe I use also sends silicon and redstone it will check and see if there's any silicon in the chest and press that. When the silicon, press and redstone exist in the chest it will send them to an inscriber and make the final thing.

It's completely automatic and dymanic, if I want to use 10 inscribers I just add them on the end and put in extra presses and it uses them. Just don't ask me to explain the SFM setup/code, it's complicated, very complicated and takes an hour or two to setup. My point here is that there's quite a few ways to automate inscribers but SFM, done properly like this has no other equal and uses just 1 ME interface for the whole process so doesn't use up unnecessary channels.