AE2 P2P tunnels

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
So i reached the point i want to setup a AE2 network in my world. I watched some videos about the p2p tunnel busses and their uses, but i saw one problem: My base is pretty spread out and i dont want to run dense ME cables all the way through it.

Do you guys know any good ways to make use of the things in AE2 to have a simple cable run through my base but still have plenty of connections?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
So i reached the point i want to setup a AE2 network in my world. I watched some videos about the p2p tunnel busses and their uses, but i saw one problem: My base is pretty spread out and i dont want to run dense ME cables all the way through it.

Do you guys know any good ways to make use of the things in AE2 to have a simple cable run through my base but still have plenty of connections?

AE2 is slightly less centralized than AE1. You don't have to have a controller, for instance, for every AE2 sub-system.

Here's what would do : demarcate areas of your base (i.e. draw a real or imaginary boundary) and decide what items you need to import into that area and what items you need to export out of that area. Where you have the *most* variety of items, I would consider putting your storage disks there, i.e. your "main" AE2 system. Setup AE2 subsystems or subsystems using others (ex. EnderIO) in the other areas. These other area may or may not need a controller, based upon many channels you need and whether another mod can do the job.

From the main system, I would export (there are many ways to do this) over either a basic AE2 cable or via another mod's item cables (ex. eIO item conduit) to the other AE2 subsystems.Likewise, import back into your main AE2 system from your subsystems.

If you have EnderIO in your pack, I would strongly consider using its item conduits. They can simultaneously import/export on a single connection, can take filter upgrades, and have different colors so you have separate virtual networks in the same physical cable network. Indeed, you may not even *need* AE2 subsystems if you fully exploit eIO item conduits and the variety of items for each sub-area of your base you need is not too great. eIO item conduits can also be in the same block as eIO energy conduits, fluid conduits, and redstone conduits.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
That's the point of the P2P tunnel, put one on either end and connect with a normal cable, power through a quarts connection => viola 4 tunnels through a single cable (8 if you use a controller on the P2P subnet)

also you can nest the tunnels... go wild