AE, storage disks, and priority

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
How do AE networks prioritise which storage disk to put items in, if you have multiple? If they're in a storage drive, I know it prioritises left to right, top to bottom, but what if you have multiple drives? What if your disks are in ME chests? How do storage buses interact with priorities? And does preformatting a disk or bus make it higher priority for the things it can accept?

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
You can control which ones get filled up first by changing the priority of the ME Drives, Chest, and Storage Buses. Shift+right click with a wrench to bring up the GUI.

Based on my experiments, Preformatted storage will have a higher priority than the others on the same network. I have not checked the behavior if a storage bus has been configured to accept certain items, similar to preformatting.

MinePlayer

Jul 29, 2019
According to the mod site:

Items entering the network always will find another drive / storage bus with the same item already on it, as their first destination, they will always prefer higher priority storage then lower. If there are no existing items in the network, the item will then go to the highest priority Preformatted cells / storage buses; that it can fit on. If there are no preformated storages, the item will be stored on the highest priority storage it can fit.