AE pre-formatted disk question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
I've got all my items stored randomly across some 64k disks. I now want to split them up into groups, eg. ingots all on one disk. How do I mass move all the ingots off my disks onto my newly created pre-formatted disk please? I am guessing there will be an easier way than shift clicking them off one disk and placing them onto the other? Can you pre-format a disk that already has random items on or will you lose them non-matching items, or is it intelligent enough to eject them out into the system onto a non-formatted disk?

Thanks.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
i just setup a ME chest next to me with a RS cell and pull out items from system and stick em in ME chest

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
OK what do I do with this IO port thingy? I am new to AE. How and where do I connect it up? Does it need those import and export buses or will the wire work straight into it?

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Connect it to your network. Basically, it allows you to either put all the possible items from the network to a cell, or put all the items from the cell to the network.
first, move items to the network. Then preformat it. Then move items from the network to a cell and put the cell into your drive.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
put your preformatted disk into your system somewhere.. and then put each disk you want to defragment into the left side of the IO port. it will drain everything out of it it can and put it back into the system "somewhere". Since the items that can go on the preformatted disk have somewhere to go that is specific to them it will move them out. I don't know if it moves the disk to the right when its empty, or can't move anything else, but either way it moves things fast.

You could also use an output port (sp?) and hooked to a chest and have it configured to pump all the items for the disk in a ME chest (witth the pf disk) into the ME chest (don't hook it to your main network) I believe and that should do it without the IO port or moving around the disks in the system.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
put your preformatted disk into your system somewhere.. and then put each disk you want to defragment into the left side of the IO port. it will drain everything out of it it can and put it back into the system "somewhere". Since the items that can go on the preformatted disk have somewhere to go that is specific to them it will move them out. I don't know if it moves the disk to the right when its empty, or can't move anything else, but either way it moves things fast.

You could also use an output port (sp?) and hooked to a chest and have it configured to pump all the items for the disk in a ME chest (witth the pf disk) into the ME chest (don't hook it to your main network) I believe and that should do it without the IO port or moving around the disks in the system.

There is a mode button on the IO port to reverse what it does. So you put in your pre-formatted disk and it pulls all matching items from the network and puts them on the disk.

No need to pull every unformatted disk and drain it just to fill one pre-formatted disk you add to the network.

Reactions: Larroke

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
There is a mode button on the IO port to reverse what it does. So you put in your pre-formatted disk and it pulls all matching items from the network and puts them on the disk.

No need to pull every unformatted disk and drain it just to fill one pre-formatted disk you add to the network.

The more you know... GO JOE! Thanks didn't know that.