AE item overflow protection systems...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
What is overflowing?

What i like to do to keep my un-formatted disks clean is to pre-format any bulk items i will get. Setup a storage bus that also accepts the bulk items. This bus will expel any extras of that item type out of the AE network -- early game this is right into an incinerator.

Then you can have un-formatted disks in your system that won't be filled up by farmables/high count items.

Reactions: Ughzug

Ughzug

Jul 29, 2019
What is overflowing?

What i like to do to keep my un-formatted disks clean is to pre-format any bulk items i will get. Setup a storage bus that also accepts the bulk items. This bus will expel any extras of that item type out of the AE network -- early game this is right into an incinerator.

Then you can have un-formatted disks in your system that won't be filled up by farmables/high count items.

This, thank you much.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
With 1.5 there is the option of using an insertion pipe (in TE) on a ME interface, with the pipe continuing to a diamond chest, recycler system or even just voiding it. If the AE system fills, the ME interface will fill and the insertion pipe will stop inserting, causing items to continue on the path to the backup area.

ultradolp

Jul 29, 2019
Storage Bus + Barrel/Deep Storage is probably your best friend for any item that comes in huge quantity

Any item stored in the chest/barrel/DSU that is connected to a storage bus will not count towards any storage on the disc, however you can still use any item inside it to do your crafting/autocrafting. If you have a large storage room with several barrels + diamond chest you can even forget about using a storage disc provided that you have set the storage bus correctly

Make sure you set the type of item at the storage bus. Otherwise you will not be possible to deposit any item through the ME network into the chest/barrel/DSU