AE import/export bus lag - just me?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else get heavy frame rate drops when AE import/export buses are running? I only get about 25 fps max anyway, but when the buses are running it kills my fps down nearly to single figures. It's not constant, more akin to the lag spikes you get from the lighting update on RP timers each pulse. We've noticed if we turn off smooth lighting that there's a noticeable improvement but it's still there. Do AE buses cause lighthing updates when they pulse then or ? We find if we move about 15+ blocks away from the buses it no longer affects us until we move back within that range. :confused:

DW20 5.2.1 pack.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Was improved in a later update, unfortunately FTB is dropping WAY behind in mod updates...

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Ako, what exactly did you "turn off" ? Do you mean you turned off import/export bus functionality altogether or something else? I won't be able to automatically process ores into ingots without them.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
client, config, in the graphics section: B:gfxCableAnimation=false

is the name in the version included in 1.1.0 ultimate, it may have a different name in earlier versions but will be similar.

Reactions: baw179

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, pretty sweet! Thanks, I'll try that and cross my fingers that it works. I love AE. :)