AE Auto crafter + Ore dictionary

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Or any other dictionary for that matter :p

Anyhow - just made the assembler thingy on Monster, and I was overly pleased that you can encode patterns with Shift + [?] on NEI, instead of having to build the item yourself - but immediately ran into a pickle.

Let's take a piston for example. 3 wood, 4 cobble, 1 redstone, 1 iron.

NEI cycles through all the cross compatible items that can be used for the same recipe - all the kinds of wood, all the kinds of stone from geostarta etc.

Thing is, when I copy it onto the pattern encoder, it encodes that current combination that NEI is displaying with all sort of different blocks from different mods.

A crafting table doesn't differ, and goes ahead a crafts it without arguments, but when I toss it into the AE crafter, it's just standing there waiting for that specific block from that specific mod, instead of taking the generic cobblestone and its equivalents for example.

Happens with metals that have multiple versions too (TE, IC2 copper). Unless it gets that IC2 copper, even though I have a metric f*cktonne of copper from TE, it just stands still waiting - all because the Shift + [?] from NEI happened to be cycling through the IC2 variant at that moment.

Am I doing something wrong?

Just to clarify - this cross mod thingy is working fine on crafting tables and anywhere else. It's just the AE crafter that seems to have a problem with it.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem with things like circuits from ic2 and those multicoulqred redstone screw with it also very very annoying :/

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Maybe this thread will help you a little bit:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/applied-energistics-multiple-wood-types.25380/

It's pretty much the same question.

For myself, I only create patterns manually since I can control what material I want to use (to let something else for other operations in the system).
I will try this tonight ingame. Maybe I can deliver some actual help for you :)
Hmmm yeah thanks for the read. It's my same problem down to a T, but nobody seems to have worked around it yet.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
That's probably because there is no solution, a recipe cycles through all available ore dictionary matches, there's no way to get it to stop on items which you placed in the AE system, unless you're extremely lucky with pressing shift and it stopping on what you want

Only way for now is to imprint the recipe pressing the ? and over writing that recipe with the items which you have.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
My question is not to stop NEI cycling through them, and having the encoder use them - but for AE crafter to actually use the equivalents in the dictionary.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
My question is not to stop NEI cycling through them, and having the encoder use them - but for AE crafter to actually use the equivalents in the dictionary.
This is probs quite complicated and why it hasent when done yet but it would be awesome if this can happen

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I started this thread to find out if it's something I'm missing, or it's a "working as intended" so to speak.

My question's been answered - although I don't like the answer much :p

Oh well! I'll specify the recipes like a good drone.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
That's actually a bug in the final versions of AE, which, because the mod has been abandoned (in favor of AE2), will never get fixed (unless some addon figures out how to do that).
Just try to live with it, or rollback to the last stable version.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
That's actually a bug in the final versions of AE, which, because the mod has been abandoned (in favor of AE2), will never get fixed (unless some addon figures out how to do that).
Just try to live with it, or rollback to the last stable version.
When's ae2 coming out 1.7 ish I'm presuming?

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Haha what are the odds?

Just watched today's DW20 let's play, and he mentioned just this ore dictionary shenanigans with AE crafting.