Advertise FTB Server?

Docxx

Jul 29, 2019
I apologise if this question has been answered elsewhere, I have just started an FTB mod pack server and I would like to advertise it but the subsection for SMP advertising says I have insufficient privileges to post there. How do I go about getting those privileges?

Thanks

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing because all threads are being cleared as soon as the modpack is complete and it's going to be complete very soon. Read the guidelines post in the server promotion section.

Docxx

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to advertis my FTB server to help beta test the mod pack, never mind I guess I will have to wait. PM me if anyone wants the IP.

TheMap

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I feel the same way, others are advertising beta servers in that forum just fine. But I cannot advertise mine to help test. Produce log files for the developers or even generate a user base. Feels a bit lop sided to those people already allowed to have threads. Oh well

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I will ask Slow about this later today. We'll see what if anything can be done to balance the situation.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Alright got an answer from Slow. He was under the impression that those forums were locked till the FTB pack fully launches. So that section of the forums will be hidden till the official release day. Once its available again it will be open for all servers. The servers in there now snuck in while the forum was being created and no one noticed since they thought it was empty. We will be hiding it to make sure all servers have an even start.

Reactions: ScottWears