Advanced Pump not Chunk Loading

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
I've finally made the jump to Greg's Advanced Pump, with one single complication: This pump refuses to operate via any available chunk loader. I've used World Anchors, Spot Loaders, Chickenbones's Chunk Loaders, and I've even stuck a chunk loading turtle beside it to no avail.

What really grinds my gears here is the sheer lack of documentation regarding this pump, or its potential issues. I spent about two hours running searches about advanced pumps not staying loaded, only to find two threads about its ability to 'suck'.

Is this a known issue? I'm using version 2.90h of Gregtech.

PS: This is intermittent, as I was making this post the lava count on my industrial monitor started skyrocketing at almost four buckets a second. This lasted for a total of five seconds prior to the pumps complete failure.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
It works for me.

Did you disable chunk loading in any way?

Otherwise, I think its a bug.

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
Chunk Loaders are working in several other places. It appears that the pump is failing to descend the module that does the actual pumping while being chunk loaded.

Update: I was able to fix the pump by removing it and, placing it several times. It seems I had to remove the pump, remove all of the piping it had left behind, then place it again. It has since mined a good 7,000,000 mB flawlessly. Something must have occurred during its initial placement, probably some obscure glitch.