Advanced Mod compatible plugins 1.2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Not currently compatible with FTB server !

In this list i will add the most compatible and usefull plugins. This will not contain fun and useless plugins!
This are plugins for 1.2.5 since Forge is ported to 1.2.5Bukket as last.

logo_sketch.png

Plugin Name: PEX
BukkitDev Link: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/permissionsex/
Description: PermissionsEx (PEX) is a new permissions plugin, based on Permissions ideas and supports all of its features. But PEX is more! It offers different backends, powerful ingame management, fine grained restrictions for world modification. Has database support
Last mod Compatibility version: 1.19.3

QdTIK.png

Plugin Name: HawkEye
BukkitDev Link: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/hawkeye/
Description: HawkEye is a fast, efficient, data logging and anti-griefing tool. Rollback and restore any amount of damage. Designed with large servers in mind, HawkEye will record and manage data without impacting your server performance. It will also not hinder Mods ot error on names longer then 16 Caracters long.
Last mod Compatibility version: 1.0.7b

GriefPrevention.jpg

Plugin Name: Grief Prevention
BukkitDev Link: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/grief-prevention/
Descripion: A awsome replacement for Tany, Nations or any other area protection plugin. This is build for preformance and easy use by anyone. The simple golden shuvel is amazing for newbies to Minecraft and easy to use. Also it will not bug down your server when a lot of players are online like towny.
Last mod Compatibility version: 5.5.1 (Last 1.2.5 build. Il test later 1.3.2 if they work with 1.2.5)

chest.png

Plugin Name: LWC
BukkitDev Link: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/lwc/
Description: LWC is a chest protection plugin. It works threw flatfile or SQL. Adding mod items to the protection list is easy and unlimited.
Last mod Compatibility version: 4.3.0

worldborder_logo.png

Plugin Name: WorldBorder
BukkitDev Link: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/worldborder/
Description: WorldBorder is a world limitation plugin. Set a limit how big your world can be to limit HDD use and spare CPU and Ram power.
Last mod Compatibility version: 1.5.4

noitemlogo.png.-m1.png

Plugin Name: NoItem
BukkitDev Link: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/noitem/
Description: This plugin will make you able to block the crafting, holding, placing, ... of items. Item ID's work two so perfect for Mod servers.
Last mod Compatibility version: 2.0.6-183

red-flask-hi.png.-m1.png

Plugin Name: Essentails
BukkitDev Link: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/essentials/
Description: This is a awsome admin tool that will make your life a lot easyer. More and simple commands. Server controll and much more.
Last mod Compatibility version: 2.9.2
Last Semy mod Compatibility version: 2.9.4.5 (Some chat functions like social spy dont work due to the hookin change)

Advanced Plugins! BEWARE. These require more setup and testing before use. They CAN kill your server if done wrong!

lV11I.png.-m1.png

Plugin Name: NoLAgg
BukkitDev Link: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nolagg/
Description: A awsome tool to keep some lag of your server. It will support some form of Multi tasking for Chunk rendering and also Log plugin-CPU time use
Extra info: Beware if you wrongly set this up it can kill other plugins you have, eat all your memory or crash your server. This is a tricky plugin so be carefull! Disable Itemstacking(Done in a bad way threw bucket) Also disable Mob limit(it will delete already alive mobs and kill any farms of players)...
Last mod Compatibility version: 1.86

More to come!

You can also sugest plugins! pls add links info and a good reason why to add it to this list!

Reactions: Stellastronza

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
Very handly post.

Server's I have been on have had issues with nolagg so not sure if I will use that.

Also may I suggest LogBlock. This is a good tool to use if you have complaints of grief. It will tell you the most recent activity for any block on the game. i.e. who placed it and broke it.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
well nolagg is very dodgy on modder servers. Thats why you need to do it good! we run in on our server atm and its smooth. No memory leaks and it eats less then a chestshop in CPU power. So i know from experience of you tweak it and know what you are doing you can make noLagg work and then it is a very powerful tool since it has a CPU / Plugin use loggin function! Perfect to debug or find dogdy plugins

About LogBlock i dind use it myself yet but i read some bad comments that is fucks up on Mircoblocks and other mod items sometimes.
I did already use CoreProtect witch is a pain in the ass since it cant handle player names longer then 16 characters and since [Industrialcraft] is 17 ...
Also CoreProtect is just not so handy to use.

Hawkeye in that matter is perfect. It uses less database space logging is smooth only uses 50Ms over 5000Tick timing with is Nothing! Can handle 256 long entry's in database and the fact you have a chekking tool makes it easy to use.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
I highly advise removing NoLagg from your list, as an extremely experience user with server side set up and configurations over the past year, NoLagg causes more issues than solves them. Just my piece for you :)

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
I highly advise removing NoLagg from your list, as an extremely experience user with server side set up and configurations over the past year, NoLagg causes more issues than solves them. Just my piece for you :)

Not true. If you set it up correctly it will help you out a lot and will not do harm or create problems. But configing it to perfection is a must!

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Not true. If you set it up correctly it will help you out a lot and will not do harm or create problems. But configing it to perfection is a must!
I manage over 1000 servers, I can say that NoLagg does more harm than good, the only viable part of NoLagg that I will say is the NoLagg TNT part, however that is it, nothing else.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
no not actually!

The chunk loading algorithms it has are prity good, also its Monitor is the most accurate i ever saw. And having more then 2 years of hosting under my belt (thats just only for MC) i can tell you the chunk algorithms are prity dam awesome since now when e player joins it wont send all power to loading the 10 by 10 chunks around the player. But it will do 1 by 1 at a time and also it will actually make the chunk loading multi thread! and that is a aw some benefit

Also the Examine is amazing! its the only in game activated tool to actually check CPU timings / Plugin use
So your mods can do "/lag examine" if they see a tick downtime and later on you can check the log

Capture11_zpsf8089113.png

This is one of the best debugging tools i have ever had! and if you run a big heavy server with a lot of players every day you are gone kiss your hands when you have a tool like this.

Also as you can see it ONLY uses 37MS Multiverse uses more. And this is the highest point i have ever seen it on. This is how i found Towny is a PRICK towards the CPU

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Also the Examine is amazing! its the only tool to actually check CPU timings / Plugin use
I take it you are not familiar with java optimisation then...
JMX is a tool built right into java that allows you to do that for each method, clas or ram, CPU and basically anything else you can think of, this is like a basic version of that

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, I still won't agree with you, I am the same as you, two years under my belt and I get outsourced by a couple of Game Service Providers, if you want to sort out the chunkloading and algorithms, just use bukkit++

Reactions: captainnana

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
I take it you are not familiar with java optimisation then...
JMX is a tool built right into java that allows you to do that for each method, class for ram, CPU and basically anything else you can think of, this is like a basic version of that

i see you have not used it so much. Since we run a server with CentOS Server it has NO GUI so installing GUI software is hard. And since this tool is much easyer to use and combined with Htop is it amazing and simple for any admin to use.

Once one of the admins notices a down moment they do the command, Nolagg logs it and i can check it out later to see what went wrong.

Nope, I still won't agree with you, I am the same as you, two years under my belt and I get outsourced by a couple of Game Service Providers, if you want to sort out the chunkloading and algorithms, just use bukkit++

Since we use Craftbukkit++ As well ! i know what you are thinking but no. Cb++ is amazing for its item stacking feature and Tnt control. But it will NOT effect word render! it will effect leave decay and item growth and mob spawn and such. Also CB++ will not stand in for ANY multi thread features.

Nolagg Will actually make your world render use other cores of your system witch is awesome since Mc is still single core so other things like player and physics can be done more smoothly on the main core

Nolagg is a choice but it is on my list up here. It requires a lot of experience to set up but since the biggest mod server out there uses this one as well with 300 slots proves it can be a good functional tool

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
Please can we stop arguing.

I have heard loads of good things about NoLagg if its set up correctly but it is extremely hard to set up.

I say keep it on the list. Users dont have to use it.

Reactions: Greedseed

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
People has been warned, if they want to try it, and when doing it fail (without a backup) it is their own fault.

Rwarn

Jul 29, 2019
I manage over 1000 servers, I can say that NoLagg does more harm than good, the only viable part of NoLagg that I will say is the NoLagg TNT part, however that is it, nothing else.
what company do you work for?

Rwarn

Jul 29, 2019
How do we incorporate these plugins into the FTB server? It is unlike bukkit in the way that it is vanilla....

dvdp

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, i was wondering the same, how (if we even can) do we add these to a FTB server?

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
if you guys would have 5 seconds to read the first 2 lines. Where it states "1.2.5Bukket as last."

Status
Not open for further replies.