Advanced Energistics -- item detector?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Any of these AE machines have a detector like function?

I have a flow of items from a miner/pump. When they are both idle for about a minute or two its a pretty good sign you hit bedrock and it is time to packup and move.

Would like to detect that in AE and kick off some redstone to move the rig, any thoughts?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Any of these AE machines have a detector like function?

I have a flow of items from a miner/pump. When they are both idle for about a minute or two its a pretty good sign you hit bedrock and it is time to packup and move.

Would like to detect that in AE and kick off some redstone to move the rig, any thoughts?
None of the blocks I've seen would count as a "flow detector", mainly because the items don't really flow. You could either have the miner dump into a relay, detect that as it goes through a chest, into the ME Input. Or, you could put a gate next to your input, and have it emit a redstone signal when it has items. Connect to a timer, so it tells when there are no items for a given period of time, and you're good :)