Adding Redstone In Motion to Monster

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
After among other things seeing what masterzh is doing, I have been getting lots of good ideas for future builds that would require some more advanced movement of blocks. So thought about the possibility of adding RIM to Monster.

Anyone had any experience with the stability of it? Are there any problems I should be aware of by adding it?

Another issue is adding it. I see its not on the Universal configs list, but decided to try and add it anyway. But got a couple of ID errors and I am a complete novice on this point.
Code:
#Blocks
1123: switch from switches - JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion_Carriage from JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion
1124: switch from switches - JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion_CarriageDrive from JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion
Suggested Ranges: 2951-3119 (169 IDs), 1556-1719 (164 IDs), 3513-3629 (117 IDs)
I am guessing it is as simple as altering the IDs in JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion.cfg:
Code:
"Block IDs" {
    I:"Carriage Drives"=1124
    I:Carriages=1123
    I:"Motive Spectre"=1125
}
I am guessing I should just find a couple IDs on the UniID list(https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxjG2kerwqJec0w2SldrRktpU1U&usp=sharing)that is not already taken just to make sure I dont get any future problems and that will solve it all?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
RIM is working fine on my custom direwolf20 pack, I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.
DW20 doesnt have the Switches mod which is assigned the same item IDs as are default for RIM. That's what causes the problem for me. But it is just a matter of changing the IDs to something that nothing else is using.

But over all no bugs or anything?

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
After among other things seeing what masterzh is doing, I have been getting lots of good ideas for future builds that would require some more advanced movement of blocks. So thought about the possibility of adding RIM to Monster.

Anyone had any experience with the stability of it? Are there any problems I should be aware of by adding it?

Another issue is adding it. I see its not on the Universal configs list, but decided to try and add it anyway. But got a couple of ID errors and I am a complete novice on this point.
Code:
#Blocks
1123: switch from switches - JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion_Carriage from JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion
1124: switch from switches - JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion_CarriageDrive from JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion
Suggested Ranges: 2951-3119 (169 IDs), 1556-1719 (164 IDs), 3513-3629 (117 IDs)
I am guessing it is as simple as altering the IDs in JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion.cfg:
Code:
"Block IDs" {
    I:"Carriage Drives"=1124
    I:Carriages=1123
    I:"Motive Spectre"=1125
}
I am guessing I should just find a couple IDs on the UniID list(https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxjG2kerwqJec0w2SldrRktpU1U&usp=sharing)that is not already taken just to make sure I dont get any future problems and that will solve it all?

Set the IDs that have been taken to 1556 and 1557.

AaronLovell42

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 doesnt have the Switches mod which is assigned the same item IDs as are default for RIM. That's what causes the problem for me. But it is just a matter of changing the IDs to something that nothing else is using.

But over all no bugs or anything?
I haven't noticed any bugs yet.