Adding new programs to computer craft folder

PinkSnail

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to add turtle programs to FTB? When I go to the file location of the launcher the computer craft folder is a .zip. Notepad++ will not save into a zip folder. Anybody know how to fix this?

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Open the .zip. (with WinRar or 7zip)
  2. Save the program on the desktop or anywhere else.
  3. Find the place where you want the program.
  4. Drag the program into the .zip.
I'll be here if you need more help.

damnedsky

Jul 29, 2019
Moved the thread into General > Mod Discussions.
@PinkSnail The questions related to specific mods would be better asked in their dedicated forums but I will help just to get you started. First of all you want to search for the folder that contains your Save files for that specific world. So go in <yourLauncherfolder>\FTBBETAA\minecraft\saves\<yourWorldName>\computer
Here you will see folders for every single computer/turtle you have in that world. Every folder is named after the id of that turtle/computer. Just search for the one you need and drop the files in there. Cheers!

kapmabijap

Jul 29, 2019
Moved the thread into General > Mod Discussions.
@PinkSnail The questions related to specific mods would be better asked in their dedicated forums but I will help just to get you started. First of all you want to search for the folder that contains your Save files for that specific world. So go in <yourLauncherfolder>\FTBBETAA\minecraft\saves\<yourWorldName>\computer
Here you will see folders for every single computer/turtle you have in that world. Every folder is named after the id of that turtle/computer. Just search for the one you need and drop the files in there. Cheers!

better informations then mine was :)

Reactions: Sacar89

Punchin

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to find the individual folders without issue, but is there a way to make a global folder? I move my turtles a lot, and so do others in my world. It gets tiresome having to yell at the admin (me) to move their programs every time they move the turtle. Either that or tell the turtle to go up in the air, over to their new destination, and back down...

DaWhiskers

Jul 29, 2019
If the turtles are labelled, then any programs they have are stored in the turtle, so breaking it and moving it will take the program with it (without admin assistance).

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I put my programs in the rom directory inside the ComputerCraft.zip file. You have to keep adding them any time that the mod pack is updated, and you have to do it on the server if you are playing SMP. And make sure you keep a backup of the ComputerCraft.zip file incase Windows corrupts the zip file, which mine keeps doing.

tabs

Jul 29, 2019
If you're playing on someone elses server and want to handle it all yourself, then you have a couple of options:

In the operating system type
Code:
label set fred
to stop the turtle resetting to a default one when it is picked up, meaning it stores any programs you save to it.

Alternatively use a disk drive and save the program to a floppy disk. I did this for a while until I found out about labels. There is sense in doing both, if you want to copy the program to multiple turtles.

Poopypig

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to add turtle programs to FTB? When I go to the file location of the launcher the computer craft folder is a .zip. Notepad++ will not save into a zip folder. Anybody know how to fix this?

All you need to do is close the window all together, make the notepad files on your desktop, open up the computercraft.zip folder with winrar 7zip winzip etc., open lua, then rom, then programs, then turtle, and drag the notepad files into the turtle file and click yes and open ftb and edit them all you want