Adding extra bees to Unhinged... is it possible? If so... how?

Nephrahim

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying my first attempts at adding mods to modpacks. I know unhinged is generally considered the gregtech pack, and he added all the mods he wants in it, but after discovering how fun bee breeding is I was a little disappointed to see how limited the original forestry bees are compared to extra bees. Does anyone know if you can add Extra bees to an already in process Unhinged world (I know they won't generate new hives, but I can just console spawn them) and if so, how I should go about it?

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
ok adding extra bees would mean you have at most 10 or more blocks added into the game expect and expect ID mismatch but theres a work around for this hopefully your world doesnt burn out add in extra bees to your mods folder and get an id fixer, in this case probably id fix minus will be your friend run it once then remove idfix minus but keep the idfixminus.txt file that is created because these will be your new item block ids... and or manually fix id mismatches if theres ever id mismatches so dont just put in an id resolver just yet add and check if it crashes then edit the configs or an id resolver

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just add the mod, change the ids in the config, and then backup the world and use MCedit to regenerate some nearby chunks.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
or add the mod, grab the config file from unleashed and put that in the config folder.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Since DW20, Unleashed and Unhinged use the "Master Config" you should be able to add any mod from either the DW20 or Unleashed into Unhinged. Just make sure you also copy the config file if it don't already exist.

It worked for me when I added Gregtech from Unhinged into Unleashed.

Nephrahim

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the help. Worked great! Took a bit of doing (And downloading the unleashed pack to copy the IDs from it) but I added the bees then pruned my entire word (Sans the 2500 chunks I've been working on already) to let me collect the new bees and junk.