Adding biome generating mods on pre-existing worlds.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I am sure many of you are familiar with the ugly, jarring chunk boundaries that you occasionally get when you have added a mod like extrabiomes XL to an existing save and you generate new chunks.

I was wondering if this or anything like this happened when you added underground biomes.

I saw that mod on a resonant rise video days after I started a serious world and I would really like to add it to my world.

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019
I use mcedit and get it to either delete (if you're not bothered) or repopulate chunks (keeps the chunks how they were but loads new ores/mines/villages and I'm guessing other world spawn mod)

I used this during my beta playthrough which or some reason wasn't loading any mod ores in to the world.

It however also decided to make a village on an already existing village making a very large but humorous mess.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the advice. I should probably update MCedt I only have the one that breaks mod blocks.

One other thing, will I get things like floating ore blocks in places that I have excavated in chunks I repopulate - or new oil spawns maybe?

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019
It fills holes with like "mine" looks
So running water and lava blocks will probably spawn in your strip mining.

It might make new lava pools and possibly oil wells too...

It should replace stone with new ores so you shouldn't see "floating" ores unless you left a stone block floating in the first place.