Adding Ars Magica to an existing world, what problems will I get?

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I have a relative small modpack put together myself. I got no idea what Ars magica is or what I can do with it. But it has an overly awesome reference to Diablo II and I just gotta have that. So, what worldgen does it add? Will it cause chunk borders? Or is it just "flowers & ores"?

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Ores, flowers, trees, plants, and pools of liquid essence. No biomes that I am aware of so should be fine to add in without much issue

Reactions: Skyqula

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, with the latest version, AM2 adds a new biome to the overworld: Witchwood forests. So you're likely to get jagged chunk boundaries on newly generated chunks as with whenever you add/remove new biomes to a previously generated world.

Reactions: RedBoss

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
you may wish to reconsider adding Ars Magica 2 to your modlist... as there's some problems with Ars Magica right now

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you don't install AM2, you also don't have to deal with the Moo Moo farm. So I guess that's a plus.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you don't install AM2, you also don't have to deal with the Moo Moo farm. So I guess that's a plus.
You also don't have random mob spawning where mobs should not spawn.
Though I am going to give it a try since I discovered you can farm animals with Ars 2 now.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
You also don't have random mob spawning where mobs should not spawn.
Though I am going to give it a try since I discovered you can farm animals with Ars 2 now.
Or dealing with those stupid mobs in general.

I found out that the Arcane Sword ignores armor, which means it also does a ton of damage against those pesky Earth Elementals, hint hint.

Reactions: RedBoss