Problem Activate Biomes O Plenty?

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
I just started up a server with Gregtech + Unleashed.

One of the mods active are Biomes O Plenty.
Looking here, there seems to be allot of new biomes. But now when me and my friend played for a week on the server, none of us have seen any new biomes?

The mod we have installed is version: 0,5,9,2 on minecraft 1.5.2

The mod seems to be active and i have also tried to look in singel player, but can not find anything that seems new.

Have we missed something that needs to be done to activate the mod?

In the mod foler, the mod is not named with any "disabled" tag.

Corddon

Jul 29, 2019
When you set up the generator settings on the server you have to change generation from "DEFAULT" to "BIOMESOPLENTY" . I think. I had a similar problem with my private server.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to activate after or somehow transfeer a set of chunks to a new generated map?

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
server.properties set the generator settings to "BIOMESOP" And make sure in the mods folder biomes o plenty is NOT BoP.jar.disabled. And finally go into the config and enable generation.

Then restart the server.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to activate after or somehow transfeer a set of chunks to a new generated map?
Once it has been successfully enabled, it will only affect newly generated chunks. So go explore (or teleport) outside the bounds of the chunks that you've already explored. Note that you are likely to see chunk borders - huge walls where old chunks meet up with new chunks.

If you want it to carry over to some existing chunks, you can force a chunk reset in those chunks. There's some plugins that let you do that (I think McWorldEdit has that ability), or you can delete region files to force the entire region to reset.

KerbecsDX

Jul 29, 2019
What my friend did was create a BoP world in his single player, and replaced the server world files with the singe-player world files. I'm not sure if he did anything else though.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
All new chunks will not be BoP biomes, nothing new will generate.

You HAVE to so this in order for Bop to make things

1 enable BoP.jar

2 change the world generator setting in the server.properties to BIOMESOP

3 enable generation in the bop configuration file

That is the only way to get it to generate new biomes from BoP. Sure the world he put in May have biomes if it is enabled but new biomes won't generate unless you have done those 3 steps.

gago

Jul 29, 2019
In server properties set
level-type=BIOMESOP

go to mods map in your server folder, find "Biomes-O-Plenty-0.5.9.3-1.5.2.jar" or whatever version you have and
delete the ".disabled" extension

open main.cfg in config (server/config/biomesoplenty) - with wordpad or notepad - locate
B:"Add Biomes To Default World"= and set it to true

Then delete anything you might have in the "world" folder and start the server.

This worked for me.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Deleting the world isn't needed.
In server properties set
level-type=BIOMESOP

go to mods map in your server folder, find "Biomes-O-Plenty-0.5.9.3-1.5.2.jar" or whatever version you have and
delete the ".disabled" extension

open main.cfg in config (server/config/biomesoplenty) - with wordpad or notepad - locate
B:"Add Biomes To Default World"= and set it to true

Then delete anything you might have in the "world" folder and start the server.

This worked for me.

gago

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't delete the world, BOP biomes will only generate in newly generated chunks. I've experienced weird map glitches with that, so i've just deleted the whole world file and started a new server.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
I only had chunk generation bugs at the border of new/old chunks. and with the way my server is setup players go past it. only 2 of 6k of noticed so far :p

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
How do you do this in single player? Or if its the same where do I find these files?

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
*/Minecraft/config/Biomesoplenty and enable biome generation just like in servers. Also this is probably better for just normal tech support not server tech support ;)

Reactions: RedBoss

ThatOneGuyIan

Jul 29, 2019
server.properties set the generator settings to "BIOMESOP" And make sure in the mods folder biomes o plenty is NOT BoP.jar.disabled. And finally go into the config and enable generation.

Then restart the server.
I have been having the same problem as the guy who started this post, but I can't find the config file in the Server. I'm not on FTB, but I was having the same problem, and found this post.

ThatOneGuyIan

Jul 29, 2019

Then restart the server.
I have been having the same problem as the guy who started this post, but I can't find the config file in the Server. I'm not on FTB, but I was having the same problem, and found this post.