A Guide To: Running Your Fusion Reaction Indefinitely (1.4.6/1.4.7)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

masterventris

Jul 29, 2019
I am a little confused as to what you mean by that... So it isn't self-sustaining with resources for 2 operations but is with resources for 1?

I'm not sure how to explain it, but what I meant is that as it takes longer than 1 reactor cycle to produce a set of fuel, it doesnt matter how much it is set to produce as the quantity in the system will slowly decay until it runs out.

I also did not know you could pump water into electrolyzers to go straight to hydrogen.

Squigie

Jul 29, 2019
The square in the lower right of the interface is a liquid inventory, for water only. The ind. centrifuge has one for lava. The interface makes this non-obvious as it is dissimilar from other, non-GT, internal tanks.

Honza8D

Jul 29, 2019
The square in the lower right of the interface is a liquid inventory, for water only. The ind. centrifuge has one for lava. The interface makes this non-obvious as it is dissimilar from other, non-GT, internal tanks.
well it says "lava" and "H2O" in there

woddorl

Jul 29, 2019
I did this as well, using a mix of what was mentioned above.
wK9L6Rq.jpg

I used a logistics system to feed the system. I placed the phased pipe in the middle so I could turn off the automation for when I want to run the fusion reactor for iridium instead. I also had a problem where I was getting electrocuted, so as a quick fix I placed a bunch of gravel down so I'd stop getting instagibbed. The area isn't 'pretty' yet but it works.
ZYrxCLK.jpg

18 industrial centrifuges, 15 for the hydrogen->deuterium, 3 for the deuterium->tritium
R3POz2a.jpg

4 industrial electrolyzers being fed directly by 4 aqueous accumulators. I started of with 2 aqueous accumulators but they couldn't keep up. 3 might have worked, but why do 3 when you can do 4, amirite?
ep8Hy90.jpg

Because of the way logi pipes seem to lag in their requests, I made to it requested 3 of both tritium and deuterium.
YAIxbTC.jpg

Best use I could think of for the energy atm. I've got 3 matter fabricators hooked directly into the supercondensators, which use 3/4 of the available energy from the reactor and then have 2 mfsu feeding energy back to the reactor fuel automation system. I'm wasting 7168 EU still, but it'll give me a lot to play with when I decide what I want to do with it.

If anyone knows wth is electrocuting me and/or how to fix it, I'd love to be enlightened :p

Reactions: ff255away

silenos

Jul 29, 2019
You can run the whole 32k EU into one matterfab... you just need 4 supercondensators and hook them all up to one fab.

Reactions: woddorl

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
So, after days of planning, weeks of collecting sufficient supplies and months of procrastination, I've finally built my automated reactor, 100% legit. No cheats, no gamemode1, no creative. After several wiring issues, detonating some of the supply chain, its totally functional. Additionally, there isn't a single EU wasted.

Pictures!
http://imgur.com/a/h6LG6#0

I'll be adding links to everybody's posts on the OP.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I was able to get a Creative mode setup working completely automatically, without any user intervention needed anywhere, ever.
I didn't take any pictures... but I'll explain a few pieces of it that other people might be having trouble with.
Note that by "machines", I'm excluding the aqueous accumulators and liquid transposers I'm using to fill recycled empty cells with water, or the electrical engines that power them. They're kind of a special case, as all empty cells are dumped straight into them, and they dump water cells straight into a Quantum Chest buffer.

1. Fully RP-managed- managers atop each centrifuge and electrolyzer (except the one being fed electrolyzed water cells) pulling resources from Quantum Chest buffers when needed, retrievers pulling everything out.
2. One single retriever on a 0.5 second timer pulls empty, compressed air, and helium cells from every machine in the system.
3. Non-empty waste cells get filtered into two centrifuge extractors, to be retrieved a second time and filled with water.
4. All electrolysed water cells are dumped into a Redpower Relay atop an electrolyzer, with a filter pulling hydrogen out. The byproducts are pulled by the main byproduct retriever. This is the only machine (aside from the extractors and the fusionreactor itself ) that has no manager attached, and is the only machine where any products are not pulled by retrievers. All aside from the refilling machines, of course.
5. People seem to be having trouble with too much deuterium being converted into tritium. I simply had the retriever pulling deuterium dump those cells into an item detector and into a chest. The item detector pulses a counter, and on every fifth deuterium, the counter pulses two filters and resets itself. One filter sends one deuterium into the reactor itself, the other sends four into the manager network for the second bank of centrifuges. This sends exactly the right amount of deuterium where it needs to go.