A chest with infinite of one item?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Linkisis

Jul 29, 2019
I am just getting in FTB after a long break from Tekkit, and honestly I hate mining out huge amounts of materials, or even getting to the point of quarries. So my plan was to simply spawn in any items you would get from mining - mostly ores, redstone, some of the TC stuff, etc. Sort of a stepping stone from survival to creative. I realize its pretty cheaty, but hey I'm playing single player so I'm going to what I want ;P.

But I was wondering if it was possible to do was to make a chest with an infinite amount of certain items? Like, I plonk down a chest and do something to it, and I can just pull as much iron ore out of that chest as I need to without it emptying? Maybe something with NEI, or what? If not that's fine, but I'd love to know :). Thanks in advance for any help ;D

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
You could take a Deep Storage Unit and shove a ton of iron in there, you'd never have to worry about it again.
Otherwise I think there's an MCedit filter that does that with dispensers but I have no idea if it works in FTB.

Linkisis

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, so FTB has some absurdly huge chests I could just fill it? That'd be a good work-around, thanks guys :D

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Ah, so FTB has some absurdly huge chests I could just fill it? That'd be a good work-around, thanks guys :D
Yeah the DSU stores the number limit of one of the java parameters(I forgot which) It's somewhere around 2.150 billion.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
A few of them are:
Barrels, holds 64 stacks (just over the amount of a double chest)
Upgraded barrels, holds something like 1024 stacks.
Deep storage unit, I believe holds 2 million of the item but I'm 90 percent sure that's wrong
Quantum Chest, ridiculously expensive (but I believe you'll cheat one in) and I've never made one so I'm not sure.

Linkisis

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, I'll probably just have a room with a bunch of cheated in Quantum Chests filled with the items I've decided I'll allow myself to bring in. Thanks :D

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
I also believe that TUbestuff adds a dupelicator that you could pipe out into a chest

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
You could give yourself an infinite size stack.

Simple enough, click the nei options open, change to cheat.
Back to your inventory, click into creative+
Find the ingot you want unlimited.
Find the right key combination (I think shift + control + click) text will read "giving <playername> infinite <ingot>" and you'll have a stack of 111.
Change back out of creative+ to regular
Change out of cheat.
It should be 111 forever.
It doesn't play nice with machines though. It'll either turn into a stack + 47 or just one piece.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if you could use Applied energistics to pull whole stacks really quickly from an immibis tubestuff duplicator?
tubestuff also has a liquid duplicator. If you put a bucket of what you want in it you can pump it out forever with liquiducts. I got an eternal fuel boiler like that once!

martyyp

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen a guy with a deep storage unit with more than 20,000,000 cobble so those things are probably the way to go, pretty cheap as well