[64x] Misa Compatibility Textures

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
NOW BEING UPDATED FOR MINECRAFT 1.5.2

Due to the changes in the texture pack structure, it's now easier to provide files to users, just more of a pain for texturers!

My textures allow you to use Misa for your world gen, but also have other mods textures for machines & items. Any textures I offer should replace those textures of other packs. So yes, you can have Sphax and Misa side by side, without a clashing looking world.

Instructions:
1) Download Misa's texture pack version 500 from http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/69354-. Choose the Pre-1.6 version
2) Unzip/extract this zip file into the textures folder. Rename the folder to avoid confusion.

Optional, but highly recommended
3) Download Battered Old Stuff from http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/358364-. Choose the 1.5.2 version
4) Unzip/extract this zip file anywhere you like.
5) Copy from Battered Old Stuff the mods subfolder and place it in your unzipped Misa folder. This will give you mod support for Buildcraft, Railcraft and many other mods
6) (Very optional) - copy from Battered Old Stuff CTM folder the folders called BoS_leaves and BoS_leaves_spruce. Place into your unzipped Misa CTM folder. BoS has some amazing leaf textures
7) (optional - Advanced) - download other texture packs for mods, copy across the files you require for the relevant mods

8) Download my textures (updated 06/07/2013), unzip and copy into the Unzipped Misa folder. Replace any files that already exist

Many thanks to Misa, Bill of Battered Old Stuff and the John Smith team. Without you guys, Minecraft wouldn't be such an interesting looking place!

Mods Supported in 1.5.2 (06/07/2013):
Thermal Expansion
Buildcraft
Natura
Biomes O Plenty
Thaumcraft 3
Applied Energistics
Forestry
Wildcaves 3
Iron Chests

IMPORTANT NOTE - OPTIFINE
If using Optifine, you will find that water in tanks will appear white. This is because Misa's pack is designed for MCPatcher, not Optifine (not a major deal!)

CUSTOM COLOURS
Misa's texture pack makes use of custom colours for a more natural colour scheme. This does clash with Biomes o Plenty. Some of it's biomes are quite bright by default, or strange colours (Omnious Woods). With custom colours on, these BoP biomes are green, not blue/other colours.
I've made the textures based on Custom Colours being turned on. You will have to test which you prefer, Custom Colours on or off.

ORES NOT MATCHING STONE COLOUR?
Edit color.properties from Misa's texture pack and put a # in front of palette.block./misc/stonecolor.png line. This will eliminate stone being shaded to biomes, and stop ores not being shaded. Better fix then not using color.properties at all.

Version 1.4.7 files in spoiler
I've always used Misa's textures for playing Minecraft, so once I started using mods, I naturally wanted to continue using her textures for my world, but with the new world gen items, I had to make my own textures instead of using the supplied textures by other texture packs. Naturally I wanted to share my work.

Misa has given me permission to release the textures I've made, so you can make your favorite mod texture pack world gen items more compatible with Misa's textures. I've also included the crafted or harvested materials from these world gen items too.

Any textures that I've not yet changed are using the John Smith Tech Remix textures instead of default (including all GUIs). Kindly given permission to include, and they look a lot better then default 16x textures.

This is a WIP, I'm constantly updating the files.

Some examples from when I played Tekkit, I used Misa and Sphax. Two totally different styles, working together nicely https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ofsyhnnryqim88m/DhaQz1kT0j - note I cannot include my tweaked Sphax GUI's and containers, as it includes Sphax work.

Complete gallery of screenshots

SCREENSHOTS
XY1.jpgXBXL Flowers.jpgBC Engines.jpgLead.jpgores.jpgRubber Tree.jpgSome Ores.jpgwasteland.jpgTF7.jpgTF1.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS:
Warning, you need to know how to edit images and copy/paste and resave the images. Most of these files cannot be used "as is".

1. Download Misa's textures from here http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/69354-
2. Download all your favorite mod texture packs
3. Locate the textures to be changed, and copy from my resource sheet and paste over the original image (note I will give locations once the FTB ultimate pack is out, in case names/locations of images have changed since 1.4.2)

DOWNLOADS (some links download the texture, others a zip file, zip files should extract automatically into the correct folder paths):
Compatable up to DW20 V5.2 pack
Worldgen Texture Sheet (PNG - use to edit textures manually)
MFFS Forcefields (zip, install to \chb)
ExtraBiomesXL (PNG, place in \extrabiomes)
NetherOres (not in FTB) (PNG)
RedPower2(zip, install to \eloraam)
Twilight Forest (zip, install to \twilightforest)
XYCraft (zip, install to \soaryn\xycraft\world\sprites)
Thaumcraft 3 (zip, install to \thaumcraft\resources)
Thermal Expansion (zip, install to \thermalexpansion\gfx)
Railcraft (zip, install to \railcraft)
Omnitools Forge Lexicon (zip, install to \omnitools\gfx)
ChickenChunks Chunk Loader (png, install to \codechicken\chunkloader)
Industrial Craft (zip, install to \ic2)
Buildcraft (zip, install to \gfx\buildcraft)
Forestry (zip, install to \gfx\forestry)

RECOMMENDATION:
I highly recommend using Battered Old Stuff for machine blocks. It has support for RedPower, BuildCraft, ComputerCraft and RailCraft and the textures look amazing and fit Misa's style really closely.
UPDATE! Now supports some of IC2. Even more reason to use!
You can find it here at Minecraft Forums

I will do requests, but I'm not an artist. I can manipulate images, not design them from scratch (too well)!

Enjoy!

Reactions: ACGaming

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Updated the Texture Sheet 1 (Worldgen Texture sheet download) to include Sulphur, Saltpeter and Lead ores. Also included a download for the 3 buildcraft engine textures (not the trunks).

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Updated OP with ExtraBiomes texture sheet (still WIP, but mostly done)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Apart from the Buildcraft Engines, the others can be downloaded as supplied, just right click the link and save as.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Added screenshots section, using forum thumbnail system.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Added a download for the RedPower2 Windmill Vanes. This is still WIP, just the metal poles to do.

Slowly working on updating my texture pack, will make relevant files/textures available when ready.

I would also recommend Battered Old Stuff 64x texture pack. It has RedPower & Buildcraft support (not totally updated yet) included, and they look really good combined with Misa, or with BOS standard.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Updated texture sheet with Cinnabar and Amber Stone from TC3, and also added extra stone and metal block textures from RP2.
RP2 Vanes have been updated, still WIP though.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks.

I've tweaked the TC3 ores a bit and have also done some textures for mobs (based on Misas default mobs).
I've also got some nice screenshots of Twilight Forest.

Both TC3 and TF will have zip downloads, and consist of the default textures (scaled up) along with the retextures. I update the textures as I encounter them in game, so World Gen items are the priority.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Here's a peek at Twilight Forest. Just found the entrance to a Labyrinth, so now I can finally get around to texturing the stone bricks. I always like to find the blocks in their natural environment before attempting any texture.

TF7.jpgTF6.jpgTF5.jpgTF1.jpgTF2.jpgTF3.jpgTF4.jpg

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Added a download for Twilight Forest. Still WIP but changes most of the world gen items, and includes some WIP mob skins.

I'm also going to look at XYCraft. The mod would feel less useless if the textures were better, and less "in your face". I'm thinking of a small glowing crystals for the ores, instead of the 3 big glowing crystals. Since you only get one crystal when you mine it (I believe) it makes more sense. Colours may be toned down a bit away from the primary colours of Red, Green, Blue. Depends what I can do with the texture pack.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
XYCraft screenshot:
XY1.jpg

Tried to make the blocks designs represent the materials that make them up, and the original patterns. Not too bad.

The Aluminum Ore is a flat texture, it doesn't glow, but if using Optifine you do get flickering of the new crystal texture used for the xy ore. Unavoidable at this time, but there's no flickering on the ores which is good.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Updated OP with downloads for XYCraft, and WIP download for Thaumcraft 3 - enjoy!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Little peak at the Hobbyist Engine from Railcraft, and in the background some TC3 flowers and in the distance, the new trees in Forestry.
Various 1.jpg

Roothair

Jul 29, 2019
KEEP GOING ON

I love seeing your updates in the comments to let people know whats going on.
Cheers for Misa fans everywhere :D

Keridos

Jul 29, 2019
Why do the Stone Blocks look so yellow and the cobble doesn't, that looks pretty weird next to each other?