Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000021005160, pid=5996, tid=6140
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_45-b18) (build 1.7.0_45-b18)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.45-b08 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  0x0000000021005160
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# E:\Games\MultiMC\instances\1.6.4\minecraft\hs_err_pid5996.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#  http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

I get this all the time now when either starting up modded Minecraft, or when creating a new world. Sometimes I'll also randomly get it after several hours of gameplay. This is happening with the Official Minecraft Launcher, with MultiMC and with the FTB Launcher, no difference. I have a 64-Bit Windows 7 machine setup with 8GB of RAM, and Java version 7 Update 45 installed, 64-bit version. This problem is getting worse and worse, causing me to have to restart Minecraft over and over and over just to get a viable session that doesn't bomb out on this error message.

I've tried completely uninstalling Java and reinstalling, I've upgraded it several versions as well. I have tried with JVM arguments configured and without, all to no avail. At the rate that this problem is progressing it is going to be impossible for me to play Minecraft of any kind within the week.

I'm desperate and aggravated, and looking for ANY help. I've reported the issue to Sun but they have no answers for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1383537381][/DOUBLEPOST]If this helps at all, here is the error report referenced above:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6820899/hs_err_pid5996.log

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
This is happening with the Official Minecraft Launcher, with MultiMC and with the FTB Launcher, no difference.

In this case, please post the log from the occurrance with the FTB launcher.
Otherwise, post the other logs in the appropriate locations for those launchers.

Post it to pastebin.com and link it.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
When this crash happens, the FTB Launcher doesn't generate a specific crash log. Java halts the process with the above message (in the /code/ block) and JAVA generates the error log in question... which is what I linked to in the 2nd part of my post. I'll double check, but none of the launchers actually generate any further details of their own when this happens as far as I can tell. Java just.. bombs out and halts the process.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
When this crash happens, the FTB Launcher doesn't generate a specific crash log. Java halts the process with the above message (in the /code/ block) and JAVA generates the error log in question... which is what I linked to in the 2nd part of my post. I'll double check, but none of the launchers actually generate any further details of their own when this happens as far as I can tell. Java just.. bombs out and halts the process.

Put it on pastebin.com and link it.

Xris

Jul 29, 2019
I have an error like this too but all anyone will say is "upgrade drivers". My client crashes after 2 minutes at most, if it will even load, I just want some one to tell me "yo moron install blah, blah then install blah you fool!" Its been two weeks since I built this computer and I still can not do anything I wanted to do when I bought the parts (minecraft, youtube, and netflix only).

I hope they can help you out because then that might fix my issue too.
GL man.

EDIT: I just had a thought have you tried java x32 and see if that works? I think I will try that because javax32 is faster then x64 that crashes every 5 seconds to 2 minutes. hehe

Also just wondering if we have any parts that are alike?
My new computer build
MOBO = fm2-a75ma-e35
APU = AMD A10-6800 4.1GHz Quad-Core (Radeon HD 8670D integrated graphics)
RAM = Gskill Ripjaw-sx PC2133 8GB
OS = Windows 7 x64

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I have an error like this too but all anyone will say is "upgrade drivers". My client crashes after 2 minutes at most, if it will even load, I just want some one to tell me "yo moron install blah, blah then install blah you fool!" Its been two weeks since I built this computer and I still can not do anything I wanted to do when I bought the parts (minecraft, youtube, and netflix only).

I hope they can help you out because then that might fix my issue too.
GL man.

EDIT: I just had a thought have you tried java x32 and see if that works? I think I will try that because javax32 is faster then x64 that crashes every 5 seconds to 2 minutes. hehe

Well this is the aggravating thing for me; the ONLY thing giving me grief on my computer is JAVA & Minecraft.. which just so happens to be the game I want to play the most. Planetside 2 runs like a top, high settings, tons of extra effects, the works. Everquest2 runs on max/high settings with plenty of frames zero lag. Guildwars 2 runs awesome as well. When I can actually get a session of modded Minecraft to start up and NOT get bombed out by Java, it easily runs at 40-50 FPS with no stuttering, and that is with Fancy settings and normal render distances.

Doing Google searches for "Java Problematic Frame" only reveals vague details at best, with even Sun official support referring to it as some kind of phantom bug that comes and goes on a mysterious whim.

Xris

Jul 29, 2019
Ok that is different then for me its anything that uses my graphic drivers that I get the crash. Bummer.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Typically, I've seen EAV happen only when something tries to write to memory already reserved by a system process. I've run checks back when it happened to me and the memory block was free, so I can't rightly attribute it to that. It hasn't happened in a long while, so I never figured out the cause.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/exception_access.xml

It's listed as a bug for j6, but this has been around for longer and still persists through j7.
Unfortunately I don't have UAC enabled in my Windows 7 installation, otherwise I would hope this to be a quick fix. All resources I have checked on this problem state that Sun is 'investigating it' and they still do not actually know what causes it. They say it only happened in J6 but there is documented bug reports of it going back to earlier versions, and STILL being in this version.

Every time it happens I submit another crash report to the URL listed in the crash, beyond that I do not know what to do otherwise. It gets a little better, a lot worse, then it will just STOP for a few days.. all without my adjusting any settings at all. Now it seems to just be on a streak of getting worse, with no outward signs of improvement.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm. Try this, I have my java installation set up outside Program Files. So...

Uninstall all java.
Create a directory/folder C:/Java
Download the JDK for j7u45x64 from oracle.
Install the JDK to C:/Java instead of C:/Program Files/whatever/whatevergoeshere.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm. Try this, I have my java installation set up outside Program Files. So...

Uninstall all java.
Create a directory/folder C:/Java
Download the JDK for j7u45x64 from oracle.
Install the JDK to C:/Java instead of C:/Program Files/whatever/whatevergoeshere.

You know what Eyamaz, you may have stumbled upon something here. I've completely uninstalled Java.. then reinstalled it under C:\JAVA and so help me it actually seems like it is working! I will report back after further testing and more details!

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
You know what Eyamaz, you may have stumbled upon something here. I've completely uninstalled Java.. then reinstalled it under C:\JAVA and so help me it actually seems like it is working! I will report back after further testing and more details!

i was thinking that. once i started doing my jvm testing i reinstalled all my java to a different location with tags so i knew exactly which version i was looking for since the java installer just installs it as jre7 i had to change it to jre7uX and jdk7uX so i could easily test across instances. It didnt dawn on me that i stopped receiving the exception error until AFTER I had started testing my jvms and moved the java installations out of the normal install directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.